Respected Contributor

I think it is nice that at least one of her children accompanies her to church on Sunday. I don't think we will see Prince Phillip anymore unless it is an important family event like a wedding. 

Respected Contributor

@rolen . Thanks for the book recommendation. I just bought one from Ebay. I remember reading about Diana's clothes that after she wore an outfit it was checked over thoroughly for any stains, or need for mending. Clothes and shoes were kept in mint condition. The garment was tagged with the date and occasion that she wore it last and what accessories were worn. Ir must be a full time job to keep up with their clothes.

Respected Contributor

@rolen wrote:

There is a wonderful book published in 2013 called "Dressing the Queen" that discusses everything about her wardrobe.  It talks about how the fabrics are chosen, how they are designed, fittings, hats, shoes, handbags, etc.  Nothing about her appearance is left to chance.  The book can be found at AZ used for a very reasonable price.  I enjoyed reading about her clothing and lifestyle.  

@rolen   Thank you so much for the info.  I just ordered it.  I cant wait to get it now.  Again, thanks!!

Honored Contributor

Re: the Queen in fuchsia

[ Edited ]

I hope I am as active at 63 as she is at 93.  The fact that Andrew is with her going to church just means to me he attended services with his Mother.  Like so many of us do every Sunday or at least often.  Some families in my life still sit after many decades in the same pew together and we still gather for the family meal afterward.  From the age of Great-Grandmother in her early 80's to the latest born this past July.  Family.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."