Respected Contributor

the Queen in fuchsia

[ Edited ]

off to Crathie Kirk with Prince AndrewThe Queen and her youngest son, Prince Andrew, pictured on Sunday travelling to church. The prince, 59, is visiting the Scottish royal estate, where the Queen spends the summer months, for the second time in recent monthsPrince Andrew will return to duties in London on Monday after a week of golf-related activities in Northern Ireland. The royal hit the headlines again today after US rock singer Courtney Love once claimed Andrew turned up at her house at 1am 'looking for sex' after being introduced by Jeffrey Epstein

The monarch opted for a cheery colour for her church-going attire, with delicate white flowers on her hat contrasting the bright fuchsia of her warm-looking coat and headwear

Respected Contributor

Re: the Queen in fuchsia

[ Edited ]

Andrew was pictured looking happy and relaxed as he left church with the Queen

The Queen is currently staying at Balmoral

Respected Contributor

She does wear those gorgeous bright colors so well.

I would love to see her closet(s) with all her outfits, hats and shoes. 

Thanks for the photos -- they're great.

Valued Contributor

Part of Queen Elizabeth’s “job” is to be the public face of the monarchy and she does it perfectly. I love the way she dresses so she can be easily seen in a crowd. It can’t be easy at her age to do full dress, makeup, and hair every day, but she never fails her public. Long live the Queen!

Respected Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

She does wear those gorgeous bright colors so well.

I would love to see her closet(s) with all her outfits, hats and shoes. 

Thanks for the photos -- they're great.

@hellodali  i wonder how they are organized.  of course she doesn't have a space problem.  i also wonder if a journal is kept of what she wore when and where.and i wonder if she ever wakes up and says,"i'm in the mood for my regal purple - forget what we decided last week!"  

Respected Contributor

Re: the Queen in fuchsia

[ Edited ]

@Jasmine19 wrote:

Part of Queen Elizabeth’s “job” is to be the public face of the monarchy and she does it perfectly. I love the way she dresses so she can be easily seen in a crowd. It can’t be easy at her age to do full dress, makeup, and hair every day, but she never fails her public. Long live the Queen!

@Jasmine19 she does amaze with her energy - even on her "vacation."  she must be quite beloved by her people.

Honored Contributor

That's my favorite color of all time.Woman Happy She looks great in it. 

Honored Contributor

She is the Energizer Bunny.

Respected Contributor

She is always so pretty. Honestly, I can't decide who looks older- Andrew or the Queen.....

Frequent Contributor

There is a wonderful book published in 2013 called "Dressing the Queen" that discusses everything about her wardrobe.  It talks about how the fabrics are chosen, how they are designed, fittings, hats, shoes, handbags, etc.  Nothing about her appearance is left to chance.  The book can be found at AZ used for a very reasonable price.  I enjoyed reading about her clothing and lifestyle.