Honored Contributor

Re: the Queen in Cobalt Blue for her Christmas Speech

The Queen not only has a stylist but a crew of 12 to attend to her wardrobe.  If she would appear less than stunning, I would be surprised with this kind of support.  I love that the stylist has chosen to put her in vivid primary colors...colbalt blue and emerald.  Looks amazing....go team Queen!

Honored Contributor

Well, she is wearing the 2020 pantone color - lovely.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
It could be a snub not having Harry & Megan's picture beside her, but...she does not have her other children's pictures there either - only Charles & wife.  Harry is a grandchild.  Also, Harry & Megan seem to want to be out of the public eye more, yet free to work on their charities, so this honors those wishes by not featuring them.  I am inclined to agree with @ms traditional that the chosen pictures are about succession to the throne, plus the the 2 most important men in her life...her father & her husband.  

It seems like a big deal can be made out of little things all because people read things into the situation from their own perspective.  Sometimes the reasons are totally different and very simple.  The Queen is not known for exposing personal issues publicly or making hidden statements to send a message.  She seems to value and respect the role of the monarchy and protects it well.  

I also don't think Harry & Megan snubbed the Queen by spending the holiday with Megan's mother.  Kate did the same thing a few years ago and people thought it was a good thing.  Most couples need to find a way to incorporate both families into their new family.  If it really bothered the Queen that much she could command them  not to be gone.  She respected their new family unit.  Plus, they went to Canada and had Megan's mom come there, so they stayed within the commonwealth.  It all seems good to me. 
Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.