Honored Contributor

Re: the Queen at church in Sandringham

Beautiful............Wishing her the best of health and safety.

Long live the Queen Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

The Queen has my admiration because life is not always what we want it to be, life is often difficult for anyone, but to succeed we make the best we can of it and keep going forward.

She has never had the luxury of cutting and running when difficulties arise or things don't go her way.  I think that is her greatest accomplishment, and a model for everyone. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the houndstooth.  I'm surprised the hat is not in one of her usual bright colors.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I can only echo others' accolades-- cool hat, snappy houndstooth and brooch!

That brooch (unlike the classically traditional ones she most often sports) almost has an identifiably "retro" vibe, sort of reminiscent of the far-reaching design influence of the Festival of Britain...  Can't quite say why I think that, but I enjoy the change...

She does have some vaguely geometric, very Art Deco brooches which also sort of "buck tradition", in her collection, sapphire and emerald I think, but doesn't wear them that often...

I so appreciate your regular postings of the Queen, week after week, faithfully going off to church, @ms traditional !

Honored Contributor

Oh, here's one of the Art Deco ones.  I think she had at least two, and they were originally the Queen Mother's but given to the younger Elizabeth as a young woman:

251427457113cd53402762c9e36c7856--princess-elizabeth-queen-elizabeth.jpg

Respected Contributor

Lovely!

Valued Contributor

The queen can do no wrong when it comes to her appearance her new direction in her fashion speaks volumes here not only outwardly but a new start and optimistic outlook on her family life by her attitude.  What a great example to all of us in overcoming difficulties!  

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, here's one of the Art Deco ones.  I think she had at least two, and they were originally the Queen Mother's but given to the younger Elizabeth as a young woman:

251427457113cd53402762c9e36c7856--princess-elizabeth-queen-elizabeth.jpg

@Oznell  that would be a wow!  she must have so much fun picking out her pins.  thanks for sharing this.

Honored Contributor

The queens looks great.  She is 93 and still wears makeup and lipstick.  She looks lovely.  God Bless the Queen.

No matter what age you are if you put a little effort into making up your face and add some color to cheeks and lips you will always feel young.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I really like the Queen's whole outfit, especially the hat. She should wear that style of hat more often, it's very becoming on her.