Contributor

Re: the Queen addresses Parliament

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures and captions. They are very special and I love that you take the time to bring them to us here on this forum.

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these photos. They are beautiful!

Honored Contributor

The jewels!😮

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me after viewing such beauty and tradition that some people can still voice the words "do away with the Monarchy and its family." 

Long live the Queen.

@beckyb1012 

I expect to many, the monarchy and the regalia are, to them, as my mother's, grandmother's, MIL's furrniture and my wonderful collection of dinner bells, antique clocks (particularly the French, Italian) are to my children.  They don't want the rosewood, the mahogany or the cherry and many do not want the monarchy and all the pomp and circumstance.  However, I love it.  My ancestry were some of the first to come here from Great Britain and I have 7 US presidents in my family tree as well as Lady Di and Sir WInston Churchill, so I love my ties to the past and celebrate the Queen.  My ancestry goes back to the Plantagenets.

I might change my mind if and when Charles becomes king, but for now --- I love it all.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional   Thank you as always for posting the photos here, and sharing your insights.  I think they're so interesting.

When Charles is king, do you think he'll wear the same crowns as his mother?  Or are the crowns intended only for women?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me after viewing such beauty and tradition that some people can still voice the words "do away with the Monarchy and its family." 

Long live the Queen.

@beckyb1012 

I expect to many, the monarchy and the regalia are, to them, as my mother's, grandmother's, MIL's furrniture and my wonderful collection of dinner bells, antique clocks (particularly the French, Italian) are to my children.  They don't want the rosewood, the mahogany or the cherry and many do not want the monarchy and all the pomp and circumstance.  However, I love it.  My ancestry were some of the first to come here from Great Britain and I have 7 US presidents in my family tree as well as Lady Di and Sir WInston Churchill, so I love my ties to the past and celebrate the Queen.  My ancestry goes back to the Plantagenets.

I might change my mind if and when Charles becomes king, but for now --- I love it all.

My Mother-in-law was a WWII war bride and came to this country with her six month old first child while my father-in-law was still fighting as a pilot.  She truly believed the streets were made of gold but came to huge ranch in Texas with heat, dust and nothing but cattle.  Not to mention her own Mother-in-law who could not believe her son did not marry a TEXAS girl.  Sweet Margaret passed a few years ago with never giving up her British citizenship.  She loved America but had no desire to become an American.  They Royal family was like her family and taught us to love them as well. She would have been so proud to have your heritage for herself. You must be very proud!! Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

Thank you @ms traditional  for all your pictures.  I loved the two of the Queen, young & older.  She has such beautiful skin & I know she hasn't avoided the sun all her life.  Who are the two women standing behind Camilla?

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ms traditional   Thank you as always for posting the photos here, and sharing your insights.  I think they're so interesting.

When Charles is king, do you think he'll wear the same crowns as his mother?  Or are the crowns intended only for women?

@ValuSkr 

Charles may wear the Seagram's 7 crown. 

I think the crown was designed for George VI. So I would guess a unisex crown! Seeing the royal jewels at the Tower of London was so amazing.Queen Victoria's crown was itty bitty.  We wondered if some of them could be replicas on display due to the value of the collection. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the photos!!!

No one does pomp and pageantry like the Brits!!!

Her Majesty looks lovely.