Respected Contributor

the Countess of Wessex - by Queen's side - joins w/family for church at Sandringham

bright in yellow Queen Elizabeth II and Sophie

The Queen (pictured sitting next to the Countess of Wessex in the back seat of a car) brought a splash of colour to a grey day when she stepped out in a vibrant, yellow ensemble for church in Sandringham this morning

The Queen leaves the church after attending the Sunday service with her family members.

A security officer holds a blue blanket ready to hand to the monarch as she steps into her car

Prince Charles etc

royal-family-church-service

Respected Contributor

Re: the Countess of Wessex - by Queen's side - joins w/family for church at Sandringham

sophie-wessex-lady-louise-windsor-royals

Her Majesty, 93, was joined by Prince Charles, 71, and Princess Anne, 69, when attending the service at St Mary Magdalene Church, near the royal estate in Norfolk

Respected Contributor

Re: the Countess of Wessex - by Queen's side - joins w/family for church at Sandringham

smiles!

Looking a picture of elegance, the Queen donned a lemon hat with a black rim and feathers, matching it with an eye-catching coat in the same shade

Sophie showcased her fashion prowess in a cream coat and spotted scarf

Prince Charles and Princess Anne stop to talk to well-wishers as they attend the church service today in Sandringham. The siblings both looked sophisticated, dressed in shades of brown

Respected Contributor

so pretty and elegant

The Queen and her family leave the local church following the service

Respected Contributor

yes the visitors have to pass through security

A woman gets checked by police and security as she passes through the gates into the church. The Queen arrived at the St Mary Magdalene Church to hoards of well-wishers who had assembled in hope of catching a glimpse of the royals

Honored Contributor

I don't think there is a color she doesn't look lovely in..So much for seasons. @MacDUFF  is on to something ,and I think she is right

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

the Queen favors bright colors on a dreary day - i think it lifts her spirts, as well as those around her - and of course makes her visible to her fans and security.

Esteemed Contributor

Just wanted to think ms traditional for posting these pictures.  I really enjoy seeing the Queen and others.  She is really something!

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the pictures.

How does the Queen keep going?

Respected Contributor

@countrylady @LindaLatte  glad you enjoy the pictures. i enjoy trying to keep up with this amazingly committed and energetic Queen Elizabeth II!  she's an inspiration.