Honored Contributor

Re: texture + print: What's YOUR take?

@wilma @willdob3 

I'm just happy you both understand what I'm trying to say! LOL things don't match just because one piece is white. I think it's why I wear a lot of denim. I don't do prints often but I love some texture like lace or pin tucking so denims always the trusty bottom that matches. Once you add texture or embellishment and starts to get difficult

Honored Contributor

I have a totally different take on print/texture--since I have no breasts due to cancer, I am completely flat---so l look for print/texture to camouflage my flatness. Can't do darts or princess seaming as I have nothing there to fill those out. Now stop and think----if you are flat, your tummy sticks out ---whether it is big or little. A print or pattern or even a texture does fool the eye. I wear solid pants but a solid color shirt also emphasizes my issue. Very hard to shop onine for tops for me. I do have button down shirts that work and I wear tanks under them, and those are solid and patterned too. and FYI, I am happily flat with NO plans for reconstrution.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

I'm not against texture. What I'm referring to is matching something textured with something print meaning top and bottom not in the same piece. When you wear a lot of texture on top don't you generally go for something simple on the bottom?

Respected Contributor

I don't know that I can make a blanket statement about textured items with print items. Generally I wouldn't do it, but I think it can work depending on the pieces. I'd need to see specific examples.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I have a tonal outfit that is like this. The pants are textured, but they are black. The top is in tones of black,grey.and white. It really is pretty

That doesn't mean everything will work out . Black certainly makes the texture far less obvious

You would have to look at it, before you decide

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like a lot of business in my clothes. I like either a solid or  small print on top, and usually a solid bottom. I do have some larger print blouses, and I'm not crazy about them.

I'm more of a plain jane Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

When I try to wear it I don't like it!  Just seems like too much going on!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I like to mix them, of course.

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified 

Take, for example, the shirt I'm wearing today. You don't think it would be difficult to match it with a print pant or skirt? Even though it's just one color it has lots of texture

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo 

No, I don’t think it would be difficult at all.  I can see wearing a light green camo with it.  Maybe I’m weird, but I love texture so much.  Like today I wore a ditsy print top with a cotton pant with lots of embroidery on it.

eta:  The embroidery on the pants is all one color.