Respected Contributor

Oct 1-4 25% off entire purchase

Esteemed Contributor

Re: talbots fall style event

I just ordered a pair of corduroy jeans that I had seen in my local store. The price had seemed too high so I decided to wait for a sale...and voilà...here it is!

Honored Contributor

I've bought some really pretty things from Talbots for fall and winter lately. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I wish there was something I wanted at Talbot's. I haven't been wowed this season. I'm between sizes on their tees (they changed, not me). And there's a lot of wool in their sweaters (I dislike wool). 

I did buy a Pointelle Yoke Sweater that I love. 

Pointelle-Yoke Sweater

I bought a fair amount last winter, so I'm well-stocked lol! 

Honored Contributor

image.jpegThis is my favorite purchase this fall. Zip-back sweater. I bought it in red, the pink shown here and a marked gray. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh, how did you find this sweater ran size-wise? Did you size up from your normal Q size? I really like it, and the blush is on sale for $54.99 today, less 25%!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

image.jpegThis is my favorite purchase this fall. Zip-back sweater. I bought it in red, the pink shown here and a marked gray. 

This sweater is so pretty!

I passed on this one originally because it looked like a tunic (and too long for me). But one of the reviewers says it's too short lol!

Can you speak to the length (and your height)? TIA!

Honored Contributor

I don't really know how it compares. I wear an Extra large at Talbots and I bought the extra large. I haven't bought a top from QVC in awhile so I don't know.  It's definitely not oversized but I didn't have to size up if that helps. I bought my normal size. 

Respected Contributor

Just received a Talbots catalog out of the blue yesterday.  They had some FAB stuff.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I haven't found as much this season that I really need, but I usually try an item or two in each new catalog. Part of my problem is that they have (yet again) changed the cut of their jeans/cords, eliminating the Heritage fit. Curvy is too much fabric, and the regular fit gaps at the waist. My other issue is that I have a very slim torso, and many of the blouses/jackets/outerwear pieces have way too much fabric through the midsection and are boxy on me. Oh well, it seems to go in cycles, and eventually they will start making styles that fit me well again!