Honored Contributor

Everything we wear started with a designer, including those that have been in both the lines presented so far.

Probably most important to QVC -   didn't nearly all the T's and jeans sell out?     No surprise to me - that's what many women buy and wear most.

Honored Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong , but I don't think they said that the host " designed " the garments. I think they had input based on the style of clothing that that particular host wears. It is a marketing ploy, just like all of their gimmicks. Buy them or don't.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@willomenia 

The hosts involved are pretty puffed up about their roles.  Don't tell them what you think!  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

There's nothing special about them.

What QVC is banking on is that the "groupie" aspect of the admiration lots of viewers have for certain of the hosts will make the items sell.

There was recently a thread about hosts being just sales people versus "celebrities" of a kind, and it seems to me that they are much more than just sales people, viewers often seem to idolize certain hosts and would definately be more prone to buying from them just because they are personally promoting the stuff as their "designs".  

How often do we see posts asking about a certain clothing item, or lipstick shade, or whatever, that a certain host is wearing, and the item in question isn't even that special or unusual?  "Track it down", check her "facebook page".

I'm not being critical about liking or admiring certain hosts, I've had my favorites at times, certain hosts that I really like their personal style, and I tend to be swayed to buy more from that host than others.  I remember that years ago I loved Terry Toner on HSN, something about the way she described things.  On QVC, I think I felt that way about Jill Bauer for awhile. If she said she had a certain necklace or handbag, it made it more appealing to me, I think, because I thought she was so cute.  That eventually passed.

These personalities are used for their fan appeal, I think.  I doubt they have much input into anything regarding real design. It's a sales tactic.

@blueroses47 I agree with you. They are appealing to those that hang on everyword the host says. They are also trying for a younger demographic, and that will take time if ever. so they have to appeal to the target audience they are serving now. There is a psychology to selling. They describe the item in a way that makes an older viewer more apt to buy.  

I only saw a brief few minutes of presentation. Courtney was describing the t-shirt. Paying close attention to the sleeve. She played with it while saying it comes down further on the arm for the coverage we all want.  That alone might prompt someone on the fence to buy. 

All in all it was jeans and a white t-shirt. That outfit could be bought at old navy for a fraction of the price. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong , but I don't think they said that the host " designed " the garments. I think they had input based on the style of clothing that that particular host wears. It is a marketing ploy, just like all of their gimmicks. Buy them or don't.

They stated they had a HAND in designing...worked on the projects....

There is a difference of thought between 'designed' and what we think of 'designer'

We think of designer often as Halston, Prada, etc.  They are not promoting these lines as such at all.

That doesn't mean the hosts didn't DESIGN the lines with staff.

Amy said the Studio line is designed WITH the hosts, based on what they like to wear and what WE supposedly ask them about all the time.

NO big deal to keep nit picking over.  Like @QVCkitty1  said, buy it or don't!

Honored Contributor

Re: studio park

[ Edited ]

My guess is that the hosts were handed samples of clothing of which to pick from and from there it went to marketing to put on the final label, "Studio Park". 

Similar to a 'trunk show' if you've ever been to one of those then you know what I mean.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

They stated they had a HAND in designing...worked on the projects....

There is a difference of thought between 'designed' and what we think of 'designer'

We think of designer often as Halston, Prada, etc.  They are not promoting these lines as such at all.

That doesn't mean the hosts didn't DESIGN the lines with staff.

Amy said the Studio line is designed WITH the hosts, based on what they like to wear and what WE supposedly ask them about all the time.

NO big deal to keep nit picking over.  Like @QVCkitty1  said, buy it or don't!

@RespectLife It's not nit picking. It's a discussion board. That is what we do on  a discussion board. What else would we do here?

Who would ever consider something a host designed as designer. I think we know they aren't up there with Prada etc.....

Honored Contributor

@manny2 

Not going to continue to debate with you.

You can have your own opinions, please let me have mine.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee 

That is not how it worked at all.  I watched a video on how the hosts work with the "Q" design team.  They don't  just pick clothes already designed.

Super Contributor

I like the T's, but they are just a tad too short for me (25" in my size, I think). 

The shorts are too expensive, too short & leg opening too wide.