Trusted Contributor
what is so special about t-shirts and jeans? studio park? How is anything they showed designer?
Esteemed Contributor

My thoughts exactly.

Respected Contributor

@willomenia I started to order Courtney's teeshirts,tee-shirt, then Canceled. 2 tops for over 50 bucks?nope,not me.on the flip side,I did think if was a bit much for her 5 yr anniversary. It was if she has been with the q forever

Trusted Contributor

Re: studio park

[ Edited ]

There's nothing special about them.

What QVC is banking on is that the "groupie" aspect of the admiration lots of viewers have for certain of the hosts will make the items sell.

There was recently a thread about hosts being just sales people versus "celebrities" of a kind, and it seems to me that they are much more than just sales people, viewers often seem to idolize certain hosts and would definately be more prone to buying from them just because they are personally promoting the stuff as their "designs".  

How often do we see posts asking about a certain clothing item, or lipstick shade, or whatever, that a certain host is wearing, and the item in question isn't even that special or unusual?  "Track it down", check her "facebook page".

I'm not being critical about liking or admiring certain hosts, I've had my favorites at times, certain hosts that I really like their personal style, and I tend to be swayed to buy more from that host than others.  I remember that years ago I loved Terry Toner on HSN, something about the way she described things.  On QVC, I think I felt that way about Jill Bauer for awhile. If she said she had a certain necklace or handbag, it made it more appealing to me, I think, because I thought she was so cute.  That eventually passed.

These personalities are used for their fan appeal, I think.  I doubt they have much input into anything regarding real design. It's a sales tactic.

Honored Contributor

First it was jewelry and now it's clothing. What's next? Makeup, shoes or handbags?

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

I don't think $26. for a quality tshirt is too much.  If it looks nice and fits well her tshirt is something I will get a lot of wear out of. Better than the Kim G. or susan graver shirts which are $45. and up.

Trusted Contributor

QVC execs probably saw how popular David's "In the Kitchen with David" merchandise is and how well it sells that they are banking on it with the other hosts.

Respected Contributor

I've been saying that about clothing/designers for a long time. A couple years ago, I was watching a show from the 50's and the lady had a dress on that was longer in the back and shorter in the front and yet Logo designed that look? I don't think so. A change in a button or zipper makes it a new design. What  goes around comes around.

Respected Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with the Q starting a host line.  How many times do we see a host wearing something and people ask about the item and sku #, just to find out it is from the hosts own closet.  When that happens we get the posts about how the hosts should wear Q clothing on air.

Now that the hosts get to create a line of what they wear off air, people are not happy about that?  I think its a smart marketing idea and if you like the items, buy them, if not don't, its simple.

I personally like having options.  Some items I like, some maybe not for me.  The cost of clothing has gone up accross the board, from other websites to brick and morter.  Buy and enjoy what you like and if its not for you, let others buy and enjoy what they like.

Deb 

Trusted Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with the Q starting a host line.  How many times do we see a host wearing something and people ask about the item and sku #, just to find out it is from the hosts own closet.  When that happens we get the posts about how the hosts should wear Q clothing on air.

Now that the hosts get to create a line of what they wear off air, people are not happy about that?  I think its a smart marketing idea and if you like the items, buy them, if not don't, its simple.

I personally like having options.  Some items I like, some maybe not for me.  The cost of clothing has gone up accross the board, from other websites to brick and morter.  Buy and enjoy what you like and if its not for you, let others buy and enjoy what they like.

Deb 

its not that they started their line, its what is the line. as i said it's a t-shirt and jeans. no design involved here.