Respected Contributor

@32degrees 

Professional clothing to wear where?  Not many professions require you to dress polished and professional, and people who dress that way are not shopping at qvc. I think qvc audience likes casual clothing and that is what sells.  

Trusted Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with the Q starting a host line.  How many times do we see a host wearing something and people ask about the item and sku #, just to find out it is from the hosts own closet.  When that happens we get the posts about how the hosts should wear Q clothing on air.

Now that the hosts get to create a line of what they wear off air, people are not happy about that?  I think its a smart marketing idea and if you like the items, buy them, if not don't, its simple.

I personally like having options.  Some items I like, some maybe not for me.  The cost of clothing has gone up accross the board, from other websites to brick and morter.  Buy and enjoy what you like and if its not for you, let others buy and enjoy what they like.

Deb 

@SFGIANTSGIRL  There is nothing wrong with the hosts coming out with a fashion line, but shouldn't it be special?  The ankle jeans and tee shirts that I saw yesterday can be purchased anywhere and for much less.  I could go to Old Navy or Walmart and get the exact same thing (actually, I've seen cuter styles at these places).

Honestly, I was a little embarrassed for her.  QVC made such a fuss over the "launch" or "drop" or whatever they were calling it. I could understand it if

what she "created" was different and special.  I think the majority of their shoppers are too smart and savvy

to fall for a marketing ploy such as this.  Of course, I could be proven wrong.

Respected Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with the Q starting a host line.  How many times do we see a host wearing something and people ask about the item and sku #, just to find out it is from the hosts own closet.  When that happens we get the posts about how the hosts should wear Q clothing on air.

Now that the hosts get to create a line of what they wear off air, people are not happy about that?  I think its a smart marketing idea and if you like the items, buy them, if not don't, its simple.

I personally like having options.  Some items I like, some maybe not for me.  The cost of clothing has gone up accross the board, from other websites to brick and morter.  Buy and enjoy what you like and if its not for you, let others buy and enjoy what they like.

Deb 

I agree!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: studio park

[ Edited ]

I spend money on things if they appeal to my taste but those tee shirts didn’t look special to me. The other  day I was out and stopped at a TJMaxx and bought 5 of the cutest tee type tops. Not one was more than $12.99. Two were from Rachel Zoe, one was a Tahari and two were from Joie. They are all so cute and for under $50 I have a summer tee wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

It seems to now be a "jeans and tee world". In retail stores, that's most of what I see...QVC, too, but they add lounge and PJs. Everything is casual now.

I went to DSW with DH and while he was purchasing running shoes, I wandered over to the women's shoes, but hardly any were there. It seemed sneakers or high heels for prom or dress up were the choices. the asssociate I spoke to said the "shoes" were on the sale racks becuase no one was purchasing them.  

Everything clothing is so different now.

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

There's nothing special about them.

What QVC is banking on is that the "groupie" aspect of the admiration lots of viewers have for certain of the hosts will make the items sell.

There was recently a thread about hosts being just sales people versus "celebrities" of a kind, and it seems to me that they are much more than just sales people, viewers often seem to idolize certain hosts and would definately be more prone to buying from them just because they are personally promoting the stuff as their "designs".  

How often do we see posts asking about a certain clothing item, or lipstick shade, or whatever, that a certain host is wearing, and the item in question isn't even that special or unusual?  "Track it down", check her "facebook page".

I'm not being critical about liking or admiring certain hosts, I've had my favorites at times, certain hosts that I really like their personal style, and I tend to be swayed to buy more from that host than others.  I remember that years ago I loved Terry Toner on HSN, something about the way she described things.  On QVC, I think I felt that way about Jill Bauer for awhile. If she said she had a certain necklace or handbag, it made it more appealing to me, I think, because I thought she was so cute.  That eventually passed.

These personalities are used for their fan appeal, I think.  I doubt they have much input into anything regarding real design. It's a sales tactic.

@blueroses47   I don't idolize, but do watch many shows w/ fashion when Amy or Courtney are hosting. The petite models have seemed to diappear, so I can see how a garment looks on them and decide sizes for me.

Respected Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

Deb 

@SFGIANTSGIRL  There is nothing wrong with the hosts coming out with a fashion line, but shouldn't it be special?  The ankle jeans and tee shirts that I saw yesterday can be purchased anywhere and for much less.  I could go to Old Navy or Walmart and get the exact same thing (actually, I've seen cuter styles at these places).

Honestly, I was a little embarrassed for her.  QVC made such a fuss over the "launch" or "drop" or whatever they were calling it. I could understand it if

what she "created" was different and special.  I think the majority of their shoppers are too smart and savvy

LUVSOCAL--I understand what you are saying but if you are to design or have input on what is released by Q for you, I would thnk you would want to be what you wear.  If you are a jeans and tee girl, I am not sure how you would make that special? 

I bought from Amy's line becuase I love a good jean jacket and jeans and love the distressed look (some like it some don't).  I think most of us would spot an item released by either that you could tell they would not wear.

Sometimes i feel bad for the hosts, when they are airing an item that they need to sell that you know is totally not their style and they most likely would not have in their closets.   If its a plain tee and jeans or hoodie and shorts but it has their name attached to it and it looks like them, good for being honest.

Deb 

Esteemed Contributor

To me it looks like the Q is moving toward clothing in their own brands rather than carrying "designer" clothing.  I can only think of a couple of designers that are left.  While I sure have more than my share of jeans and tee shirts, I like more unique pieces.

Trusted Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

Deb 

LUVSOCAL--I understand what you are saying but if you are to design or have input on what is released by Q for you, I would thnk you would want to be what you wear.  If you are a jeans and tee girl, I am not sure how you would make that special? 

I bought from Amy's line becuase I love a good jean jacket and jeans and love the distressed look (some like it some don't).  I think most of us would spot an item released by either that you could tell they would not wear.

Sometimes i feel bad for the hosts, when they are airing an item that they need to sell that you know is totally not their style and they most likely would not have in their closets.   If its a plain tee and jeans or hoodie and shorts but it has their name attached to it and it looks like them, good for being honest.

Deb 

@SFGIANTSGIRL  I hearted your post.  Just wanted you to know we share something in common.😉