Honored Contributor

My mother thought they were "sinful".......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Oh, Dear Gussie!  Please don't tell me they are back in style.

😂😂😂💪🌴🌞🤪😎🤙🥥

@SurferWife                              !

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I remember wearing them as a little girl during the winter for practical purposes. I don't think I ever wore them as a fashion statement

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Where are all located that you can't find stirrup pants?  I'm in the N/E.  Stirrups are in all the department stores.

Must be a locatioin thing.

———————

I think you’re right, I don’t recall seeing stirrup pants for decades. I’ve lived in warmer climates for 30+ years so I suspect that’s the reason.

Valued Contributor
Yeah , I'm in warmer climate & I have not seen them since 80's.Wore them with my hi-tops.
Got a Blair book from a friend yesterday & guess what was in there?
Honored Contributor

Back in the day, I wore them all the time in the cold winter months.  I wore them with flats and boots.  I never liked them with heels though.  They were nice regarding the tuck issue.  I doubt I would wear them now. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Wore them, and loved them!, back in the 80's-90's.  They were very warm and comfortable.  I could wear thick socks and boots with them.  I had a few outfits with dyed-to-match stirrup pants and sweaters.  I haven't seen them sold around here in years - I hope they come back!

Hey, if you don't like them, don't wear them.  We're all different.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I wore my stirrup pants with tunic length bold patterned sweaters and my black ankle boots that had silver metal buckles & embellishments! Rockin’ the 80s! 😱 I’m not sure if I would wear them again or not. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

NO.  Just No.......

Honored Contributor

Stirrup pants reminds me too much of the 80's:

Pin on The 80's

Stirrup pants, oversized shirt with cool belt. Yep we are so 80's | My  childhood memories, Childhood memories, Childhood