Honored Contributor

I still like stirrup pants, the leggings not so much 

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I wore them in the 60's , everything comes back. 

Me too, remember them well.

Respected Contributor

@StylishLady OMG.....in the 50's when I was a teen, I begged my mother for a pair of stirrup pants.  Finally got a pair of dark, marine blue and wore them all the time.  Loved them.

Super Contributor

When my son (now 36) was in HS he played a lot of baseball and always had me sew stirrups on his baseball pants.  He was tall/thin and like to wear his pants "long", I suspect he thought it made him look more formidable on the pitcher's mound!

Honored Contributor

I only wore them when I went skiing, which wasn't too often!  Another fashion I'll take a pass on.

Valued Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

I like them, but when I was a young girl in the late 60's I hated them. They used to find their way off my foot and hang from the back of my ankles. I remember cutting that piece off and I remember my mom not being happy. I remember wearing them in the 80s for a bit and liking them so much better. I was pregnant, so maybe my feet were swollen and they didn't slip up. Lol

Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I remember wearing them as a kid in the '60's too and also as "snow pants."  Not too sure I will be trying them out again!

Trusted Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

I like them, but when I was a young girl in the late 60's I hated them. They used to find their way off my foot and hang from the back of my ankles. I remember cutting that piece off and I remember my mom not being happy. I remember wearing them in the 80s for a bit and liking them so much better. I was pregnant, so maybe my feet were swollen and they didn't slip up. Lol

@KBEANS    Me too!   I was always too short for stirrup pants. 

Respected Contributor

Somehow they never fit right. Either they were drooping down and I was pulling them up or they were cutting me in half. Won't go there this time around.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I bought a pair last year and ended up loving them much more than I thought. They looked more clean and less sloppy than leggings. I got a lot of compliments on them and really did feel like I looked more together and presentable wearing them than in my usual leggings.