Respected Contributor

Saw this in a Boston Proper ad. 

stirrup pants.png

Wonder if they are making a comeback. I had a pair of black leather stirrup pants years ago and they really were good for wearing tucked with both tall and shorter boots. On my wish list for Christmas. 

I

Super Contributor

Yaaahoooo !!!!    I rocked these back in the "90's"    I hope they are coming back

Honored Contributor

I always liked the way stirrup pants fit me.  These look almost like leggings.  The ones I had were a bit looser.  However, stirrup leggings would be my only hope of getting my legs with a covering on them into a pair of boots, and they would still need to be wide-shaft boots.

Honored Contributor

Comeback?  They never left.  I have a cousin whos whole wardrobe are stirrup pants.  I don't think I've seen her in unstirrup pants.

In my neck of the woods, we wear them w/boots.  No need to keep "tucking" your pants bottom into boots, especially ankle boots.

I have stirrup leggings.  Got them at Walgreens of all places. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Why did they ever go totally away!  I liked these alot.  Hope they are making a comeback.

Honored Contributor

Oh, Dear Gussie!  Please don't tell me they are back in style.

😂😂😂💪🌴🌞🤪😎🤙🥥

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I wore them in the 60's , everything comes back. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have seen them online in a few places. Isaac M. Has them at QVC. They seem to be more like leggings then pants.

Honored Contributor

Where are all located that you can't find stirrup pants?  I'm in the N/E.  Stirrups are in all the department stores.

Must be a locatioin thing.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: stirrup pants ?

[ Edited ]

I like them, but when I was a young girl, I hated them. They used to find their way off my foot and hang from the back of my ankles. I remember cutting that piece off and I remember my mom not being happy. I remember wearing them in the 80s for a bit and liking them so much better. I was pregnant, so maybe my feet were swollen and they didn't slip up. Lol