Respected Contributor
I have three tops and I like them in the cooler temps. I find it too hot in the summer, especially when I am not in air conditioning.
Honored Contributor

I bought a cranberry liquid knit pants suit years ago because they said it wouldn't wrinkle.

That's true - but I looked like a reject from the cast of Saturday Night Fever.

It looked cheap and was uncomfortable.

Honored Contributor
On 8/7/2014 traveler said:

I no longer buy liquid knit. Haven't for quite a while. Makes watching SG shows really easy as I don't have to pay close attention.

I have three of the LK tops that I like for traveling but I wouldn't wear them in Arizona.
Super Contributor

Try something different, maybe LOGO. Personally I love liquid knit!

Valued Contributor

The item my coworker had bought is A87187, in the blue color shown in the picture. It was a

$60 outfit. In person it looks like it should have cost more like $9.99 for both pieces, and it looks like the fabric doesn't breathe at all. Its funny, because although I don't like this particular outfit in the picture or in person, there are SG designs that I would buy if they were more reasonably priced and weren't liquid knit.

Susan Graver Liquid Knit Ruched V-neck Shirt with Gored Skirt

Honored Contributor

I have a few liquid knit tops that I bought to wear to work before I retired. I could only wear them in winter because they were so hot I could not wear them....I remember SG saying how ""breathable"" the liquid knit is.....no way!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a number of SG's liquid knit pieces. I admit I've had a few that I returned because they didn't look up to par as far as most of her pieces go. If you pick and choose, you can find some very pretty things...I get compliments on mine whenever I wear them.Smile

I also live in a very hot and humid summer climate, and I have no problem at all wearing the liquid knit. If I'm going to be outside for an extended period of time, then I would wear something with more cotton, like a dressier tee-shirt top. But for most days, I'm in and out of air conditioning, so the liquid knit is fine. I do like the cool feel of it, the fact that it never wrinkles, and it can be washed and dried, and put on immediately looking like brand new.

George Simonton, Linea, Bob Mackie, all use a lot of polyester blends as well, but I never see anyone criticizing those.

Maybe some of it has to do with an individual's personal body temp.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

Hate those heavy over priced gaudy looking polyester clothing items she hawks. I do not know how women can wear them especially in the summer and in Florida of all places. I like natural fibers better. These clothing items do not breathe with you which make you hotter in the summer.

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/9/2014 Wen Woman said:

The item my coworker had bought is A87187, in the blue color shown in the picture. It was a

$60 outfit. In person it looks like it should have cost more like $9.99 for both pieces, and it looks like the fabric doesn't breathe at all. Its funny, because although I don't like this particular outfit in the picture or in person, there are SG designs that I would buy if they were more reasonably priced and weren't liquid knit.

Susan Graver Liquid Knit Ruched V-neck Shirt with Gored Skirt

Not to mention out dated very 80's{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor
I'm not a huge fan of LK BUT, I gotta tell you this fabric is fantastic in the 6 gored maxi skirt! It's weight gives it drape and flow. Totally recommend this skirt. Tops....they are a bit warm. I did just get the scrunched neck shell, altho not worn yet, I think it should be a good layer under a blazer or cardi. SG is trying new fabrics now, a woven collection so let's see how that works out. As for other designers that use a similiar LK, I usually return. As you all know, there are different polys.