Honored Contributor
On 1/23/2014 DoneJustDone said:
On 1/22/2014 traveler said:

I prefer some spandex because I stretch necklines but those who 100% cotton look at the new today.

What did I miss about cotton on the news? I have been having trouble finding 100% cotton socks! which are the only ones that do not dry out my heels ridiculously. If I can find them, the price is too high.
The price of cotton started rising about 2 years ago and has steadily increased since. It's hard to find 100% cotton socks. Have you tried the Footsmart Catalog or the Vermont Country Store?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
On 1/24/2014 kachina624 said: The price of cotton started rising about 2 years ago and has steadily increased since. It's hard to find 100% cotton socks. Have you tried the Footsmart Catalog or the Vermont Country Store?

kachina624, thank you for the suggestion. I will check there.

New Contributor

I agree!!! I will not but 100% cotton. Cannot predict how much it will shrink!

Super Contributor

Hate spandex. Hate, hate, hate it.

Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed Isaac M is making almost all of his sweaters in 100% cotton - I love some of his things, but all cotton is just too much for me to handle - it stretches out and is hard to get back to its original shape. If you put it in the dryer to try and shrink it back to its original size, you have to be very careful not to leave it too long --and I'm easily distracted these days! So I just don't buy anything 100% cotton unless it's something I just can't live without (not too much of that these days either) - I like a little of something else in it to help keep its shape and make it easier to take care of.

Frequent Contributor
Loving the cotton. I heard Issac say that some items have spandex but it is not listed because it is not a high enough percentage of spandex..
Respected Contributor

I prefer choices between 100% cotton and those with a mix blend. Variety is the spice of life.

Super Contributor

I don't mind cotton as long as it is a good quality fabric. I don't have problems with shrinkage because I wash all my things in cold water and hang to dry. Never had a problem.

Trusted Contributor

The secret to keeping your cotton clothes 'in shape' is to wash inside out in cold water and hang to dry. Yes, you will have to iron them, but the color will last for a long time.

Super Contributor

This has been discussed frequently but my objection to cotton is that it holds the moisture when it's humid out. I much prefer the synthetics that "wick" the moisture away. Actually, I can't think of a single natural fiber that I like. I love the washability, wearability and,yes, the disposability of the synthetics. When I buy something I want it to look like the real thing but I want to be able to toss it in a year or so. I get bored easily.