Trusted Contributor
Why, oh why, can't we have long sleeves anymore? Its winter, I want long sleeves, sick of everything 3/4 length! Anyone else?
Super Contributor

If really like a piece, I'll buy it and layer over something with long sleeves. I have layering tops with snug fitting sleeves in several solid colors and prints.

Most of my long sleeve pieces I bought elsewhere.

Super Contributor

there really are too many 3/4 length sleeves for this time of year on the shopping channels-I agree!

Super Contributor

Even I, who am short and end up rolling up every long sleeved item I have, don't want to buy 3/4, elbow or short sleeves sweaters or jackets.

For dresses for work, I have to admit I love the 3/4 because anything else looks terrible because I have to roll it up. Half the time the 3/4 sleeves hit me about an inch above my wrist!

When did long sleeves get so long? Does everyone want their sleeves to cover their hands? Isn't that what gloves are for? (sorry for the rant).

Michele

Respected Contributor
There are two reasons QVC sells 3/4 length tops. Less material, more profits. Fewer returns, more profit.
Honored Contributor

I detest 3/4 length sleeves and refuse to buy them. I tell everyone not to gift me a 3/4 sleeve top. I know many love them, but it's a pain that such a high percentage of tops/sweaters are 3/4 sleeve, and long sleeves have almost disappeared, even in winter. Living in a warm climate I am mostly in short sleeves, but there is still a higher percentage of 3/4 sleeves where I shop than either long or short sleeves.

I think that 3/4 length sleeves often look unattractive - certainly they do on me. I would be fine with just at/above the elbow, covering all of the upper arm, but the 3/4 length is just awkward to me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Three quarter sleeves would be ok if they were fitted. Instead they are so large a football player could wear them. They flare out and look so unattractive IMO. I never buy them anymore because I just don't like them. I love the elbow sleeve, again if it is more fitted.

Honored Contributor
On 12/29/2014 Kathleen said:

If really like a piece, I'll buy it and layer over something with long sleeves. I have layering tops with snug fitting sleeves in several solid colors and prints.

Most of my long sleeve pieces I bought elsewhere.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor
On 12/30/2014 theatrebiz said:....

When did long sleeves get so long? Does everyone want their sleeves to cover their hands? Isn't that what gloves are for? (sorry for the rant).

Michele

Unless I'm home doing housework ... I do prefer my sleeves to come down over my wrists onto the back of my hand about inch or so. I wear bracelets over my sleeves.

Just a ""look"" I prefer.