Contributor

The op is looking for help. She does not need to be told how to live her life. She knows she is overweight, this is why she is asking for help with getting designers to include the larger 4X and up woman....the 'forgotten' segment of society. Doesn't matter if she chooses to go on a diet, embrace exercise or eat a twinkie, she would like to purchase some nice looking clothing so she can feel good about herself, no matter her size or health. She was not looking for medical advice. She just wants to purchase some flattering clothing to feel good and look good. I think this is what we all want....to feel good about ourselves, no matter what size we are.

Honored Contributor
On 10/8/2014 all said: I think SG runs pretty true to size. Can anyone think of the other lines on QVC that may run a little bigger?
Bob Mackie, lots of Denim &Co. Is oversize.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I'm a plus size woman (2X, usually), and I appreciate vendors who include larger women in their target market. However, I think a general merchandiser like QVC or most department stores should be expected only to target an "average" span of sizes........and that pretty much tops out at 3X. If you need larger sizes, you're a good candidate for specialty retailers like OneStopPlus.com, Woman Within, Lane Bryant, Catherine's, Junonia, Roaman's, etc. Many of them carry extended sizes up to 6 or 7X. You can Google "plus size fashions" or "extended plus size fashions" to find good possibilities.

Esteemed Contributor

I would tell the O/P to try QF clothing ... most clothing on the Q is ""vanity sizing"" anyway so that might work for her.

Super Contributor

Some of you are so cruel. I am a small and fight to just stay plump to keep wrinkling at bay.

The post on the curvy girls is to direct them into a place on Q who can offer them items too.

We are to uplift each other girls. I admire anyone who wishes to look nice at any age weight .

Super Contributor

i DID SEE A 3 X AT THE LARGEST ,I am not sure the designer allows one above but I do not think it is one you would find of ease. It has no zipper and shows you have to bend over and scoot into it somehow. I will look at Shoping Hq i know they sale alot of world wide fashion

Super Contributor
On 10/8/2014 scatha_guardian said:

My dear, I have sent in post to several different forums about this, and either NO ONE has bother to answer, or I get some nasty comments about my size. I stand at 6'1" tall and wear a 5X to have it fix right. Sure, I could go to places like Lane Bryant or Romans, but many of they clothing look like something a grandmother should wear. Either that, or the quality is not there. I see NOTHING wrong in asking some of these designers to go up to a 4X and a 5X size. I would bet my month pay check they would be the FIRST to sell out! ! !

maybe pay a younger designer to create a fab line just for you. I do not even see exciting skinny clothing anymore. It is so sloppy for any size. Do consider a peersonal designer and show those small girls what style is. I had a girlfriend who fretted over 30 years about 25 pounds and she is still fretting. Just live and know your limit. Wear your clothing and enjoy it

Super Contributor

Your 6 feet tall ? Do you also have trouble with length in your search ? I just saw the length and that might call for more of a problem, do you like mid length ? Can it hit you ankle or do you prefer a short atop the knee. I did see one at the site that was 4x but the length is caftan . Do you prefer a hi heel or mid heel. A heel always keeps the calves nice and firm.

Now in a caftan you could always try those garish things sold on HQ but only wear inside or on the back lawn.

again so very sorry you are not finding much but I still say pay a young designer in your town, call your salon and ask around. My stylist designed a few things for one of his clients but they were so garish. A floral is also out i say stick with a muted solid. Do you like belts. they add demension to some items. Do not give up. What do you have in your dressing room at this point . I was in church and saw a few curvy girls and their mistake was a heavy floral print and it was all wrong.

Super Contributor

Krkfan, Please try Susan Graver and Quaker factory. The sizing runs 2 sizes larger than what they say. I wear an XS in both and a medium in B & M stores.

Super Contributor

GIRL DIDGA FIND ANYTHING. I see a few 4x sites but I am not sure about your 6 feet frame.

Do you wear those sos or clarks or do you prefere a heel ? I think if you go for a mid length a heel would work.