Honored Contributor

I agree with the poster who said you should check the garment measurements because some of QVC's clothing lines run larger than what would normally be a size 3X.

Don't pay attention to the the number, check the inches. You might be surprised.

The OP doesn't need a lecture on losing weight. It is her business. She didn't ask for ideas on how to lose weight, she asked about clothing sizes.

Honored Contributor

I disagree with Crystaltree. QVC uses vanity sizing in most of it's lines, especially D and C. They usually run a size larger than brick and mortar. There are some lines that run smaller, i.e. Isaac., and there are some fitted items within various lines. I am a QVC 3X and the Q has no problem selling out of offerings in that size. While size 4X, vanity sized, for QVC, might not represent a large segment of the population, QVC might be wise to test out 4X sizes in D and C and a couple other lines. Walmart is offering larger plus sizes and is having no problem selling them in-store and online. Krkfan, I wish some of us larger plus ladies could get together on the forum to discuss items we have found that look nice, fit well. Krkfan, post your idea on the D and C blog. David listens.

Valued Contributor

I really have to say on behalf of small women, Q's idea of petite is to cut the legs off. Just as the larger ladies need more room in sleeve length, etc, we small ones are small all over, not simply short legs.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Look at Making it Big. They carry sizes to 7-8x. .

Respected Contributor
On 2/21/2015 Mindy D said:

I disagree with Crystaltree. QVC uses vanity sizing in most of it's lines, especially D and C. They usually run a size larger than brick and mortar. There are some lines that run smaller, i.e. Isaac., and there are some fitted items within various lines. I am a QVC 3X and the Q has no problem selling out of offerings in that size. While size 4X, vanity sized, for QVC, might not represent a large segment of the population, QVC might be wise to test out 4X sizes in D and C and a couple other lines. Walmart is offering larger plus sizes and is having no problem selling them in-store and online. Krkfan, I wish some of us larger plus ladies could get together on the forum to discuss items we have found that look nice, fit well. Krkfan, post your idea on the D and C blog. David listens.

Mindy, I think your idea of starting a topic on the forum to share beautiful things you have found with other plus size ladies is a grand idea. Why not do ahead and start it today? It sounds like an idea whose time has come. Good for you!

Frequent Contributor

I haven't had time to read the responses yet, but just wondered if you have access to a Catherine's store? They have the best clothing I've found for plus sizes and go up to size 6X, even though their sizes run larger than most--in the past I've found that when I wore a size 22 in Belk's clothing, I might be 1X at Catherine's--definite vanity sizing.

When I lost a lot of weight a few years ago, it was very difficult for me to shop in normal stores because I loved the items Catherine's carried. Really happy that option is available because I've worked my way back up to their sizes again!

They also have a website but if you can get to one of the stores to try things on it would really help you with figuring out what size you wear there.

Best of luck!

Jane

Respected Contributor

Have you tried Full Beauty (formerly One Stop Plus)? They cater to plus-sized women and carry a wide variety of clothing up to size 7X. They're still making the transition from OSP to Full Beauty, so you can still access them at www.onestopplus.com. They recently hired Sheri Christmas (who used to sell Maxx handbags on QVC) as their spokesperson. Be sure to check the sizing guides for any clothing you're considering, as their sizes can vary quite a bit, depending on the designer/manufacturer. I did a quick check of their New Arrivals in size 4x and there were over 700 items. Good luck!