Respected Contributor

I think the OP has a very valid point.

There IS a market for larger sized clothes. Just because you weigh whatever doesn't mean you don't want current fashion.

Whichever designer decides to do it WILL be able to sell it.

I notice that 2X and 3X seem to sell out first. QVC would be able to sell it, in my opinion.

Hyacinth

Contributor

I think they sell out because they do not stock as many Plus sizes. The average American woman is a size 14 (per the internet) so I am guessing they stock more in that price range. I do not even know any woman that is a 4X.

Contributor

I just purchased a Susan Graver fleece coat/jacket from the outlet in Lancaster...my first Graver piece. Normally, I am always a size large at brick and mortar stores but I purchased a medium in the Graver jacket with room to spare. Maybe try Graver and Quacker Factory. I'm not sure if you are anywhere close to one of the outlets but the store in Lancaster had lots of Graver and Quacker. The best part, the jacket was ticketed at $38 and that particular day all apparel was 50% off. I got the jacket for $19!

Super Contributor

http://www.mylesahead.com/

http://www.pluswoman.com/

Here's a couple of places that have 4x clothing.

Respected Contributor

The OP asked a question and needs some help, she did not ask for personal opinions regarding her size.

WOW it must be so nice to be the perfect size, since so many here admonish her for being a 4X.

She asked for help, not personal opinions.

Try helping instead of being her judge and jury.

Valued Contributor

Pretty much it's a cr*p-shoot no matter where you buy clothing. I have a problem with items fitting thru the torso but frequently too small thru the shoulders and sleeves. Blessed with my mother's big shoulders and long arms.

Found some jeans I liked at my local department store but not in color/size I needed. So, I ordered 4 pair online (rather than driving to other stores) figuring I would probably get 1 or 2 of the four to fit, free shipping and return the ones that didn't to my local store. Well, all of them fit. LOL

Trusted Contributor
On 2/21/2015 adoreqvc said:

The OP asked a question and needs some help, she did not ask for personal opinions regarding her size.

WOW it must be so nice to be the perfect size, since so many here admonish her for being a 4X.

Well said! Some people are so MEAN and NASTY as they sit faceless and anonymous behind their computers!

Honored Contributor
On 2/21/2015 Butterfly said:

With today's trend towards the problems with obesity, QVC might feel that there is not a market for 4X.

No one asked you to judge.

O/P try Quacker Factory. Most run a bit large.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
On 2/21/2015 turtle52 said:
On 2/21/2015 adoreqvc said:

Well said! Some people are so MEAN and NASTY as they sit faceless and anonymous behind their computers!

ITA though most were fairly kind on this thread.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

winamac1.... my post was not to judge the person posting about wanting more size 4X. It was directed as a Marketing "opinion". If there was $$$$$$ in having 4X, QVC would do it.

By the way.....YOU judged me! {#emotions_dlg.blink} Also, I am NOT a small woman.