Frequent Contributor

I noticed that, in the past, this issue has been brought up, but it appears that it (size 40A) is still not addressed in bra sizing sold on the Q.  I ordered 2 sets of Breezies in XL, but I don't know if I'll have to return or exchange them.  I noticed today, Jockey sizing doesn't address the 40A cup, either,  There are many chesty (larger rib cage), not busty, women out there.  Would like to see more guidence in the sizing charts for this.  I have tried on Jockey 40B on in a store, the band is good but the cups are way too large.  I used to buy the Genie bras, which I feel are so comfortable, when QVC sold them, and I had to buy a 2XL size--luckily a local store had them in stock, so I could try them on before buying.  And, yes, I have been measured by a few different stores, and they all came out with 40A.

Honored Contributor

An online company called Third Loves sells 40 A and A+ and so on, they are pricey but great bras

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@RetiredATC  Two suggestions for you.  Just My Size online and NYLingerie.com  You should be a good candidate for the no wire comfort bras at Just My Size.  Yes, they have a tendency to run small so you always have to size up.  

@RetiredATC wrote:

I noticed that, in the past, this issue has been brought up, but it appears that it (size 40A) is still not addressed in bra sizing sold on the Q.  I ordered 2 sets of Breezies in XL, but I don't know if I'll have to return or exchange them.  I noticed today, Jockey sizing doesn't address the 40A cup, either,  There are many chesty (larger rib cage), not busty, women out there.  Would like to see more guidence in the sizing charts for this.  I have tried on Jockey 40B on in a store, the band is good but the cups are way too large.  I used to buy the Genie bras, which I feel are so comfortable, when QVC sold them, and I had to buy a 2XL size--luckily a local store had them in stock, so I could try them on before buying.  And, yes, I have been measured by a few different stores, and they all came out with 40A.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@RetiredATC 

I'm broad across the back, narrow in front.

I have a similar issue - 38 band size, but A cup.  I solved it recently by buying a 36A and used bra extenders.  Fit works perfectly for me.  

Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I used to use the extenders, also, but some bras, the cups would not be positioned properly.  Thought I'd give the non band/cup sized (s-2xl) Breezies a try, but I hate the return costs.

Esteemed Contributor

@RetiredATC   Have you tried Rhonda Shears Ahh bras?   Very similar to the genie bra, I own both lines.  Cannot wear underwire bras due to breast cancer surgery.  I find Rhonda's to be quite comfortable.  They are on HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC does not have selection for "nonstandard" sizes.  Don't waste your time here.  I have to go elsewhere too.

Trusted Contributor

I also have a large ribcage and small bust.  Very difficult to find bras that fit well.

I have found one that works very well for me (Bali brand) at barenecessities dot com

But it seems that as soon as I find one I like, they usually discontinue it!  I have to shop online, a department store never carries my size.  Sometimes I've ordered 8 to 9 different styles and sizes at one time to try on to hopefully find one that works for me.

I hope you find something that works for you.

Honored Contributor

I have a very narrow back & small ribcage.  I'm 32 B.  I don't usually have too much trouble finding any bra in my size.  Even though the largest variety is in the C & D cup, since that is the most common.  Before I got myself correctly measured, I wore the smallest bra, a 32A

I don't buy any bra from QVC.  Especially the XS, S, L, etc.  I have to have a band size and cup. And I'm lucky I don't have to wear an underwire bra.  Surely the most uncomfortable apparel to wear in all of creation.

Honored Contributor

I agree with LindaSal.  Try the Rhonda Shear Ahhh bras.  Size up from what you think you would wear.  I would think some of those new bralette styles would work also.