Honored Contributor

I was visiting my sister who lives near D.C.  We decided to take a trip to M street.  A shopping paradise that spills in to Georgetown.  We took the blue line subway to a place called "Foggy Bottom".  Never heard of the area, but it's very high end gentrified area that borders Georgetown.  From there we walked up to M Street.  Just about any store or brand name is on M Street.  You name it, it's there.  The stores are stylized as little boutiques.  But they have a lot there.   As you might expect, they can be very pricey.  But some stuff on sale were really cute. They had everything from Anthropology to Rag & Bone to Lulumon.  Even a Zara.

Anyone ever shop there?

Related image

Honored Contributor

"Foggy Bottom" I seem to remember that as part of a joke on West Wing, when CJ had to say it, just after a visit to the dentist. Josh was pulling her leg. I've watched this a lot, I was a fan of this show.  I didn't know it was a real place. 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I remember going there once.  So, what did you get, @songbird?

Honored Contributor

Re: shopping on M street

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

I remember going there once.  So, what did you get, @songbird?

LOL..  You know I could not keep away from Rag & Bone.  I got a gorgeous olive sweater.  My sister got some jeans.  I could only get the sweater.  That price tag set me back from getting anything else!  Every where you went were cute shops with famous names on them. 

Unlike other stores, Rag & Bone are thriving.  They expanded on M street for a shop for men's clothes.  Inside what look from the front like a little store..

Related image

Here is the sweater coat I got

Honored Contributor

Gorgeous, @songbird!  

I really like that purse, too😊

Valued Contributor

Foggy Bottom is  beautiful area.  Home of the Kennedy Center/World Bank/IMF/Department of State so it makes sense that there would be wonderful shopping.

Honored Contributor

Re: shopping on M street

[ Edited ]

Did they have any independent boutiques?  Looks like a lot of fun and definitely worlds nicer than going to a suburban mall!  

Honored Contributor

i like to stroll and eat around the area......not shop though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains link to outside retailer.