Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

The endless on-off playing with glasses in annoying at best. Obviously, they are not necessary readers since she doesn't seem to know how to use them properly. They are used like granny glasses on the end of her nose, which is unappealing for the manufacturer and the wearer.

Then there is her hair. Thought by growing it out she would keep it styled and out of her face. Noooo. It's always flopping around in her face and she's always pushing it back without success. Cut that mess and keep it clean! It was so attractive when she was a new host. It's been a hot mess ever since.

--------

I have no problems with Shawn's glasses, and I like her hair.  Perhaps it's a style that older viewers might not appreciate, but that's not her fault. And her hair, has certainly never appeared unclean, or close to it, in the many years, I've watched off and on. 

Very recently, some viewer, made an utterly uncalled for hair comment, that was simply ugly and spiteful. 

It was quickly poofed, as it should have been, but, I wonder, about the kind of person, that gets pleasure, in going out of their way to be unkind. Sad! 

Esteemed Contributor

@SuhseK  You said exactly what I was about to! Well said! I often wonder the same thing, and try to have a little compassion because I don't now their story. Perhaps life has not been kind to them, and they respond in "kind". It sometimes breaks my heart when I see it. Although it does not condone their behavior, it helps me to to try and understand it.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Contributor

I think you are correct!  Thanks so much to all of you with positive, helpful replies!  

Honored Contributor

@Lisamartha  It's Peepers.  I own the clear frame readers.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I would love to have Shawn's hair  I do the same thing with my readers...on and off...

Honored Contributor

Again, for those of you who don't have to wear readers, count your blessings.

I have to wear readers over my contacts.  Trust me when I tell you it is a bigger pain for me to have to keep taking them on and off than for anyone to see me doing it.  I get so aggravated that I cannot see close.  

Honored Contributor

Its very obvious that most of you do not wear readers.  When  you need them to see up close such as read  then they are blurry for distant vision.  Hence the on and off thing happens.  Most likely this is what is happening with Shawn.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I tried contact "readers" several years back and got nauseous wearing them. 

Couldn't get them in or out without sweating.  

And, the prescription readers I have do the same thing.  Unless I look straight ahead and don't move, I'm sick to my stomach. 

It's an endless battle and the print gets smaller and smaller!

Respected Contributor

While it is distracting I am on and off with my bifocals as can often see better to read. I have a nearsighted eye that is alot worse than the other. My Optometrist said another reason is as we age our eye muscles weaken.

QVC Customer Care