Super Contributor

Has anyone else had an experience or reaction to the following:

I made a TSV purchase two months ago and now the item is at a "sale" price that is significantly less than the TSV price.

I thought that the TSV price was a deal for a much longer period of time than two months.

Anyone else have this experience?

Michele

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I haven't, but I also don't listen very often any longer, so I don't know what they say about TSV prices and the timing.  I did hear a host say not long ago that OTO prices were the lowest for a whole year.  That's enough to make me want to invest a few minutes and call CS and ask about QVC's pricing policy for their TSV's.

Honored Contributor

Yes, but not in such a short window. A scarf I bought as a TSV last winter is on clearance for a lower price now.

Hosts are always careful to point out that the One Time Only price is the price that is guaranteed to be the lowest price on an item all year. They do not say that about a TSV price. Sometimes they will say "This is the lowest price we've ever had on Item X," but they don't often say it's the lowest price they WILL offer it for, and there's a difference. That said, if the item is offered at a lower price later, I don't expect to get the colors or sizes that were available on the day it was a TSV item.

Super Contributor
Do an online chat with customer service, or call them. They are often very helpful with price adjustments. Won't hurt to ask.
Honored Contributor

I feel that same pain whever I shop when I suddenly see a fairly recent purchase now being sold at a substantial reduction.  I rationalize by saying that I bought it at what I thought was a reasonable price, and just try to not dwell on any subsequent price reduction.  Not that I like it!

Honored Contributor

@KrimpetteMe, too -  and after a few weeks, I rarely bother looking unless a particular retailer advertises a policy similar to QVC's OTO one.  I just don't want to drive myself crazy second-guessing my purchases ad infinitum.

Honored Contributor

@theatrebiz wrote:

I made a TSV purchase two months ago and now the item is at a "sale" price that is significantly less than the TSV price.

I thought that the TSV price was a deal for a much longer period of time than two months.

Michele

I have experienced that once, quite a while ago.

I called CS and was told that the TSV price is only good for a year, like the OTO. If I were you I'd call CS and try to get a price adjustment if it's been less than a year.

Trusted Contributor

Re: sale prices?

[ Edited ]

@theatrebiz wrote:

Michele

Are you talking about A268395 - G.I.L.I. Open Front Tonal Printed Leather Jacket that was a TSV for $199.80 on 08/24//15 and is now about $90 less at a sale price of $119.94?  Yep I bought it at the higher TSV.  Still have 1 more EP.  I remember, I think it was the Judith Ripka TSV about 1-2 yrs ago, of the Pearl and Link necklace system.  I didn't buy it at the time since it was expense and I think within 2 months the price was like $100 less.  I bought it at the lower price thinking I was getting a great deal and exactly 35 days later it was reduced another $100.  Just outside of the 30 day window for price adjustment.  I would have been crying more if I had purchased at the original TSV price.

Valued Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

@theatrebiz wrote:

Michele

Are you talking about A268395 - G.I.L.I. Open Front Tonal Printed Leather Jacket that was a TSV for $199.80 on 08/24//15 and is now about $90 less at a sale price of $119.94?  Yep I bought it at the higher TSV.  Still have 1 more EP.  I remember, I think it was the Judith Ripka TSV about 1-2 yrs ago, of the Pearl and Link necklace system.  I didn't buy it at the time since it was expense and I think within 2 months the price was like $100 less.  I bought it at the lower price thinking I was getting a great deal and exactly 35 days later it was reduced another $100.  Just outside of the 30 day window for price adjustment.  I would have been crying more if I had purchased at the original TSV price.

I was thinking the same thing when I read this post as I noticed this drastic price reduction as well.  If you look at the reviews, you will see why. Let's just say they won't be mentioning in the presentation that it was customer top rated.  They usually are sure to mention that OTO prices last a year, but now that I think about it I can't remember if i've ever heard them say that about a TSV.  If I were you, i'd be really angry, especially since you still have easy pays on the item!!!  Let us know what happens if you call customer service!