Respected Contributor

retrospective: Queen's dresses for her Christmas speech

i saw this at the Royal Family Twitter site and thought it was interesting:

as posted before, here is this year's:

The Queen's Christmas broadcast was filmed in the Green Drawing Room at Windsor Castle this year.

it is interesting that the Queen not only changes her dress color - but also the color theme of the Christmas tree.  she also changes out the pieces from the royal collections she chooses to display on the mantle etc.  she sticks with her pearls and her pin and her trademark coiffure.  

Honored Contributor

Re: retrospective: Queen's dresses for her Christmas speech

She has a stylist as well as twelve employees who attend to her wardrobe.  With this plentiful input to her dress, one would expect perfection.  It is interesting that every dress has a crew neckline, so it has apparently been determined that this is most flattering on her.  I think she looks her best in vibrant primary colors and recently she has appeared in emerald green as well as cobalt blue attire.  These colors are very flattering, so her stylist is doing her job.  It must be tough being "the Queen".

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbird   i think the crew neckline is a staple as a canvas for her pearls, don't you? 

re her staff, i read she has about 1200 employees to help her oversee all matters - from properties to preservation of royal collectibles to household matters to affairs of state to state events to royal charities to royal foundations, etc.  she is CEO of quite a bit - at 93!

Honored Contributor

She is blessed to have the support and the funding. The activity keeps her on her toes...it's good for her.  Yes, it is good to be the Queen.

Respected Contributor

Kind of off topic, but I came across this picture from Christmas 2010. Such a different look for the Queen - fur hat and boots!!

Honored Contributor

LOVING the fact that ALL of the Royals are looking SMASHING this year.

My personal joy- longer ladies' coats! Not always easy for me to pull off, but for me, very encouraging.

Jewel tones

Longer coats

Fab combined tastefully with restraint

SMILES

Contrasting neutrals/elegant simplicity

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!!!!