Honored Contributor

received two very different jeans today

I had off today.  So I received two jeans I ordered today.  One was from J Brand.  Called Maude.  Typical from them.  Conservative, dark color straight leg jean.  12 inches at ankle, 29" inseam.  Very comfortable and a tad loose around the waist, but otherwise it's a keeper. they fit my legs beautifully.  The other from Rag & Bone.  Wow...LOVE the jean.  Called Glenna. Edgy, high end boyfriend Bleached color (which I love) with a big rip across one knee. And fit me to a tee.    29" inseam, about 13" around ankle. And came rolled up.  LOL.  Putting them on, I accidentally got my foot through the hole.  I always do that!  So I got something old school and new school Premium jeans.  I got both of them on sale.  So am happy.  The only type jean I haven't tried and I might get is a Citizens 100% cotton (called Ridged) no stretch.  Your size is one size larger then what you get with stretch jeans.  You still order your regular size.  So even with no stretch, you don't have to squirm too much to get them on. 

J Brand

Rag & Bone

DRE

Honored Contributor

Re: received two very different jeans today

@songbird@Nice jeans.I esp. love the dark pair.I laughed when I read how your foot came through the knee tear in the rag and bone pair.Maybe you need to patch the hole.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dexwrote:

@songbird@Nice jeans.I esp. love the dark pair.I laughed when I read how your foot came through the knee tear in the rag and bone pair.Maybe you need to patch the hole.

I already patched one destroyed jean I got.  Took it to the cleaners where they have a seamtress.  Found a matching patch and sewed it on.  I just got tired of having my foot go through it, pulling it on.  Looks cute too.  I'll wear these for a while and if need too, I'll put a pach on them.   I like ripped jeans though.  Always have. Yeah the dark pair is beautiful.  J Brand & Rag & Bone have always had very nice jeans and worth the money. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nice jeans @songbird. Thanks for always sharing your latest and greatest.  

I see these jeans have a bit wider leg opening. Do you think this is the latest trend replacing skinnies? I recently saw a picture of Kendall Jenner sporting a pair of straight leg ankle jeans and I really like them. Of course she looks great in everything! 😍😍😍

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz, I'm not the OP, but I've been seeing a lot of different "legs" lately. I don't think skinnies are gone by any means; at least I certainly hope not after just buying several pairs.

Everybody has her own preferences, and I think it also depends on your body. I feel that I look better in skinny jeans.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodzwrote:

I see these jeans have a bit wider leg opening. Do you think this is the latest trend replacing skinnies? I recently saw a picture of Kendall Jenner sporting a pair of straight leg ankle jeans and I really like them. Of course she looks great in everything! 😍😍😍

Boyfriend with their wider ankle opening is the current thing.  The other one is the cigarette.  Just llike the skinny expcept the leg opening is wider. Skinny is still very big.  It's really a classic.  They always come back strong in the winter because of the boots. Destroyed is still big.  The Cigarette opening is about 13-14" and looser around the calves. This is a Rag & Bone Cigarette

The most edgy jeans are from R13.  Super expensive.  They average over $400.00 per jean.  Not made in the U.S. but  in Italy! For the kids whose dad is millionare. or more.  

these are double shredded jeans.  About $525.00

R13 Vent Kick Double Shredded Jeans

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@magicmoodz, I'm not the OP, but I've been seeing a lot of different "legs" lately. I don't think skinnies are gone by any means; at least I certainly hope not after just buying several pairs.

Everybody has her own preferences, and I think it also depends on your body. I feel that I look better in skinny jeans.

@suzyQ3

I didn't mean to imply that skinny jeans are out of style. But just like any other wildly popular trend, styles change and might no longer be the "flavor du jour". Remember women on this board who professed to always and forever hang on to their bootcuts? Not surprising, they have joined the skinny club.

With the exception of one pair of baby boots and one pair of very dressy straights, I have built an entire wardrobe of skinnies. That doesn't mean a new look won't catch my eye.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbirdwrote:

@magicmoodzwrote:

Boyfriend with their wider ankle opening is the current thing.  The other one is the cigarette.  Just llike the skinny expcept the leg opening is wider. Skinny is still very big.  It's really a classic.  They always come back strong in the winter because of the boots. Destroyed is still big.  The Cigarette opening is about 13-14" and looser around the calves. This is a Rag & Bone Cigarette

The most edgy jeans are from R13.  Super expensive.  They average over $400.00 per jean.  Not made in the U.S. but  in Italy! For the kids whose dad is millionare. or more.  

these are double shredded jeans.  About $525.00

R13 Vent Kick Double Shredded Jeans

@songbird

Thank you for sharing your expertise on the jean scene. I do like those Rag and Bone Cigarettes, not so much in the color posted, but bleached denim. 13-14 inch openings sound rather wide, bit still I believe they look good with flip flops, gladiators, wedges, high heeled sandals, etc. 

No offense, but I won't be purchasing a pair of R13's anytime soon.😁

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The best part is they were on sale and they are a great fit.  Good for you.  I bet the jeans made your day! Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength