Honored Contributor

Re: really nice today's special

I didn't see this. When I turned on they were showing the EMU boots TTV.

I haven't seen any presentation, just checked it out on-line.  I just can't imagine I would get much use out of something like this. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry ladies, I'm the odd one out.  I don't care for it at all.  Plus, isn't it open front?  A "coat" that is substantial having no closure--I thought super odd.   It looks boxy too. 

I did like the boots TTV, but I didn't order.  The coat is just not for me. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

never mind.

Respected Contributor

@nycgrl I don't want to hijack this thread off topic but can you quickly tell me if you thought the Harve Bernard wraps were good quality?  I thought they were really cute -- especially the navy -- but sadly it sold out.  You said it was thin.  Is it useful for Fall weather or more like a fashion statement? I was clear it was not a garment for cold weather but I was wondering if it would help in the 50s and low 60 degree temps.  TIA

Trusted Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@nycgrl I don't want to hijack this thread off topic but can you quickly tell me if you thought the Harve Bernard wraps were good quality?  I thought they were really cute -- especially the navy -- but sadly it sold out.  You said it was thin.  Is it useful for Fall weather or more like a fashion statement? I was clear it was not a garment for cold weather but I was wondering if it would help in the 50s and low 60 degree temps.  TIA

@islandgrrl - I would say that they are very lightweight in a kind of pashmina scarf type material, if you are familiar - with a little more heft.  The buttons are sewn on very nicely, but definitely not cold weather gear.  It's appropriate for 50 or 60 degree temps and yes it is also a fashion statement, but not in a too trendy way.  I live in Florida so it's perfect for me.  I bought the ivory, the black for a gift, and a merlot.  The ivory is stunning whereas the black is just classic. The merlot is a deep rich burgundy.  I don't think you can go wrong with any of them for the price point.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD, I watched the video again. That Warren guy is one of a kind! I really liked the inch or so ribbed hem, thought it was a nice finishing touch to the knit. So, I did order in the chocolate. Now, I want those fringed heels that the chocolate model was wearing, but I couldn't find in their boot selection. On a hunt! Woman Wink

Maggie: were they the Matisse ankle boots?

723-917- Matisse "Cloey" Suede Leather Fringe Detailed Side Zip Ankle Boots

I finally got a pair but only after they were a TTV because they ran out of my size before I quit procrastinating! lol

If these aren't the ones there are quite a few fringe boots in the line..

Respected Contributor

@nycgrl  Thank you so much for your thoughts!  I think most of the colors sold out but I'll take a look at that black. I would love it if the navy came back.  Glad you love your ivory! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo, thank you! Funny, I have a pair of VC boots that are the twin to yours, only mine are plum. And cute! After scouring the net, the closest I could come were these from Nordstrom:

image.jpg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Andreatoo, thank you! Funny, I have a pair of VC boots that are the twin to yours, only mine are plum. And cute! After scouring the net, the closest I could come were these from Nordstrom:

image.jpg

If you recall HSN ran the VC TS the day after the Matisse TTV! The VCs were pricier but also had a lot more color options!

these are cute and quite a statement!

Respected Contributor

Just saw the presentation, I do like it but would love a closure option like was said, does anyone thing a heavy duty hook n eye could be sewn at the middle seam & work?