Respected Contributor

re:update on evine ttv dress

well the reviews are in.  I got my two dresses yesterday. 

someone on here mentioned that the hosts were recommending sizing up.  well... i went over to evine to read some of the reviews.  all of them, and there were quite a few, pretty much said the same thing. 

Great looking dress, pretty colors, ect. waaaaay too tight in the bust area. 

I got my usual 2x size thinking that the plus sizes are generally a little roomy.  ah, no. Not the case with this one. 

Many said that they went up 2 sizes, and it was still snug but wearable. 

I don't have the option of going up two sizes, and honestly the way this one mashed me down in the front, i don't think going up one size would make enough difference. 

at least they came with a return label. yeah, 7.95 to return, what is obviously a defect in sizing. 

sigh. going back. 

Respected Contributor

Re: re:update on evine ttv dress

@kittyloo  Well, it appears the sizing is way off (I didn't order it).  If it were me, at the very least I would mark it as defective on the return slip, and write the reason why.  You may want to call CS with the actual bust measurement for the dress you received.  They can compare that to what's on the website for that dress.  I would not let them get away with ripping me off like that.......they can give you credit for the shipping both ways.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

well if this just doesn't beat all.  

I'm getting ready to package up dresses, and decide just by chance to try on the other color, just in case. 

Eureka!! the green fits perfectly. even a little roomy in the bust. 

Both dresses same size ect.  Green one is easily 2 sizes larger in the bust than the rose one. 

thanks 2blonde, i think i will mark defective, and try to get some shipping back. 

one dress is going back. i should measure the difference in inches between the two sizes. 

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo  You go girl!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@kittyloo  That is disappointing. Smiley Sad   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo

Glad that at least one of the dresses fit.

I kept the blue and green and have tried on the blue.

I'm small-busted, so the Medium fit me, but does not squeeze what little I have Cat LOL

Because the dress was so flowy, I had considered going to a Small, but glad I did not.  The top fits closely & and Small would have been tight.

Not sure why they would make a dress like this so you had to size up.  Doesn't make sense with the way the dress is structured, but it sounds like it is going to be a problem for larger-busted women.

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

well if this just doesn't beat all.  

I'm getting ready to package up dresses, and decide just by chance to try on the other color, just in case. 

Eureka!! the green fits perfectly. even a little roomy in the bust. 

Both dresses same size ect.  Green one is easily 2 sizes larger in the bust than the rose one. 

thanks 2blonde, i think i will mark defective, and try to get some shipping back. 

one dress is going back. i should measure the difference in inches between the two sizes. 

That happened to me with a One World cardigan and top set. I ordered the purple set and the gray set. The purple fit true to size. The gray was tight in the arms and bust despite it being the same size, so I sent it back. Glad you're able to keep one dress!

Valued Contributor

Glad you get to keep the green, I loved it on tv, gorgeous color!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I got mine and I definitely need to size up--twice.  I did an exchcange because the dress is pretty and so soft.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@kittyloo  Well, it appears the sizing is way off (I didn't order it).  If it were me, at the very least I would mark it as defective on the return slip, and write the reason why.  You may want to call CS with the actual bust measurement for the dress you received.  They can compare that to what's on the website for that dress.  I would not let them get away with ripping me off like that.......they can give you credit for the shipping both ways.

@2blonde. You're dealing with Evine.  They refund nothing.  Worst CS in the business.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment