Esteemed Contributor

Re: rē•spin x Sweaty Betty

@jonbon wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I'm not mad at Halle for doing her little share with Sweaty Betty.  However, much of this looks like Ivy Park and Fenty wear.  It all begins to look the same.  Some of these celebrities are late to the party.  Work out wear and athleisure is running it's course.

Capitalizing on your celebrity is the American way, however.  I get it...

I'm not sure about that.

I am @jonbon .  QVC has it's share of celebrity brands.  This is still America, land of the free and capitalism. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I am going to pick up the power leggings - good quality performance leggings are a must for my lifestyle

Halle Berry Named Items in Her New Sweaty Betty Collaboration After Her Most Iconic Movie Roles

The A-list actress worked closely with her stylist Lindsay Flores and the Sweaty Betty design team (over Zoom!) to create the limited-edition capsule

Fitness is a core component of Halle Berry's  life (just take a peek at her killer boxing pics  on Instagram). So it was a completely "authentic and natural" fit for the star to collaborate with Sweaty Betty — a female-owned brand she's worn for years 

"I love Sweaty Betty because the products are made with technical, performance fabrics that look great. That's what I need from my activewear: a cross between fit and fashion," Berry, 54, tells PEOPLE of the brand.

Berry worked closely with Sweaty Betty's design team (all over Zoom!) and her stylist Lindsay Flores to create the 22-piece limited-edition collection that complemented her "busy lifestyle" and the mission of her health and wellness platform, re-spin, which launched last year.

Of course, the actress had to give some of her longtime favorite Sweaty Betty pieces her own signature twist. Berry said she's worn the brand's Power Leggings for "years," so she designed her own edgy version "named" after one of my iconic roles: Storm" (her character in X-Men). Another garment, the  Leticia Training Shorts, was nostalgically named for the role in Monster's Ball that won her an Oscar in 2002.

You can also channel her James Bond character, Jinx, in the patterned Workout Tank and Biket Shorts named after her role in Die Another Day.

image (1).jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I'm not mad at Halle for doing her little share with Sweaty Betty.  However, much of this looks like Ivy Park and Fenty wear.  It all begins to look the same.  Some of these celebrities are late to the party.  Work out wear and athleisure is running it's course.

I'm not sure about that.

I am @jonbon .  QVC has it's share of celebrity brands.  This is still America, land of the free and capitalism. 

Huh? I was simply responding to the comment that workout wear and athleisure is running its course (which I bolded in my original response). I just disagreed with your opinion about that, and somehow I got into the middle of some other conversation that I don't even understand ...

So, to reiterate, I think workout wear and athleisure is still, and will remain, popular. I have no opinion about Halle Barry. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I'm not sure about that.

Huh? I was simply responding to the comment that workout wear and athleisure is running its course (which I bolded in my original response). I just disagreed with your opinion about that, and somehow I got into the middle of some other conversation that I don't even understand ...

So, to reiterate, I think workout wear and athleisure is still, and will remain, popular. I have no opinion about Halle Barry. Smiley Happy

@jonbon It is running it's course.  And I apolgize if I offended.  I'm sick of certain folks looking for an argument all the time.  These forums are for open dialogue.  That was the reason I came at your post the way I did.  I'm convinced people respond to posts in open ended fashion to cause fuss and muss when there should be none.  Again, my apologies if I offended.  There are cliques here.  I don't belong....cliques turn my stomach.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I'm not sure about that.

@jonbon  - I agree with you about the continued relevance of workout wear and athleisure, as bolded above.

There is a wide range of quality,  price ranges and resources to shop. It's a personal choice and for many of us, we need performance wear as well as leisure. 

And there is no "other" conversation. Thank you! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri