Honored Contributor

"Yummie" Leggings presentation

This is the kind of presentation I cannot stand:

The full name for the product is the Yummie Compact Cotton Full Length Leggings (A296343) -- presented during this morning's Morning Q Live.  They had a before & after of the model wearing the leggings.  Of course, the before photo had the model showing lots of rolls and lumps & bumps in the back from her bra line down.  The after photo miraculously eliminating all those rolls on her back. 

Leggings can do that??!  Eliminate rolls in areas where the leggings don't even cover??  I need those leggings!   The presenter (Madelyn something) even said how the leggings took away all the lumps & bumps.  Smiley Mad

Super Contributor

Re: "Yummie" Leggings presentation

It's amazing! Those will sell out for sure! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I own those particular leggings and they do smooth out the waist area because they are higher waisted than most other leggings. IMO they are the best leggings I have ever worn and have the most awesome waistband!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I get the same effect with Women with Contrl at half the price. Love Renee's leggings.

Respected Contributor

Actually yes. With the right height and width waistband you can reduce, even eliminate the muffin top roll. This then helps smooth out the roll that you would get with muffin top and any roll you may have from a tighter fitting bra. So yes it does make sense what she is saying about smoothing everything out.

Honored Contributor

I think when people have a roll from their bra it could be too tight.One thing I always do after fastening my bra is tug on all areas that look a little bumpy and let the excess slide down ...I don't think I can explain it well ,but this works for me to get rid of bra la la.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see that presentation but I can see how that can happen.  My guess is the leggings the model had on in the before pick were digging in and creating rolls and bulges where she really didn't have any. They may even have hit her mid-section or waist in a very bad spot.

Once she put on a pair of leggings that hit in the right place and fit correctly, those bumps, lumps and bulges are gone. 

My BFF bought a form fitting dress one time and bought Spanx to wear under.  She texted me a picture of her in the dress before the Spanx and after.  She looked 100% better without the Spanx.  She is not a big girl at all but the Spanx just moved everything up and squished it in, pushing it over the waistband of the Spanx.  It created major rolls where she never had them before.     

Honored Contributor

Thank you very much for the fashion insight @AmericanBulldogMom and @dex.  I did not realize this at all, it still perplexes me though.  I definitely needed that fuller explanation during the presentation.  I may just have to try a pair of these leggings.  You were both very helpful!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I have tried the spanx cami and that gave me a major roll around the waist too.I don't know how people make those items smooth out the lumps because for me they just package up all the small excess into one maumbo jelly roll.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I think when people have a roll from their bra it could be too tight.One thing I always do after fastening my bra is tug on all areas that look a little bumpy and let the excess slide down ...I don't think I can explain it well ,but this works for me to get rid of bra la la.

“Bra la la.” Ha Ha, I love it!

@dex