Esteemed Contributor

First came leggings, then jeggings, now it's "treggings" as in Twill + Leggings. 

Am I the only one to whom this is news?

LINK to examples

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Re: "Treggings"?

[ Edited ]

No.  I've never heard of treggings.

ETA:  Where have you seen them?

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

Frankly I would hesitate to call anything related to leggings as "news".  This is just part of the trend of making up completely unnecessary "cutsy" words for no real reason.  

Honored Contributor

So, just a trouser/legging?  Seems you could just purchase a legging that wasn't skin tight!  LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I guess this isn't just news to me! 

I would have just called them super skinny twill pants but "treggings" does sound more fun!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dosey  If you pull upt he link that Ms Gardensia had in her post, you can see them.

Just more of the same - leggings, jeggings, pj pants, they are all the same.  My Dad would say they look like somebody painted these on.

Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@dosey  If you pull upt he link that Ms Gardensia had in her post, you can see them.

Just more of the same - leggings, jeggings, pj pants, they are all the same.  My Dad would say they look like somebody painted these on.

@PINKdogWOOD

Thank you, Pink!  I read Gard's post too quickly.

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

Now that I have looked at the link, the second pair (gray) look a lot like a pair of pants I owned at least 18 years ago (post-stirrup pants era).  Mine had a side zipper, and the leg opening was a little wider.  I suppose that is why they were pants and not treggings.  They were very comfortable.  I wore them with long sweaters.

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

checking out the fabric content on the ones from H&M, they are almost identical in content to the ones that diane gilman offered as her last TSV on hsn. she called them jeggings.....twill jeggings. love them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Nope. News to me, too. I don't think we need this neologism.