Respected Contributor

Re: "This is Something You Can't Live Without!"

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Andreatoo  not sure if you saw the 2 pm show, but there was some major pulling going on in the cro**ch area. Do they look at the models before they head out before the cameras?

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper

It's a triple whammy! Presumptuous, obnoxious and patronising!

Perhaps not owning a pair of barefoot dreams lounge pants is the root of all my troubles?! LOL

The models pants are usually a size too small and the front and back when they hike up their shirts usually are painted on. Just cause you can pull them on doesn’t mean they fit properly. 

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I really can't stand when they hosts/vendors say "it looks like MONEY".................."money"...ugh.

THIS looks like money: LOL.

IMG_0838.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Often times, it's something I never, EVER liked!!!

Image result for little girl with arms crossed, mad

Respected Contributor

I also hate when they say "I really want you to have this" ... or something similar.  They don't know me!  It's all a sales pitch, and I rarely watch.

Honored Contributor

" you will literally not understand how you ever lived without them before!"

I guess I need them then, huh?🤣

Esteemed Contributor

If I've lived without it up until now, then I'm doing OK.

What bothers me is that many of the items shown yesterday were "one time only"  -- buy it now, before it sells out, because once it's gone, it's gone!   Gosh, no pressure there.  Buy it in the next 5 minutes, and buy 3 of them!, because you'll never get another chance.

Cracked me up.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I have not ordered anything from QVC in a long time....so nothing a sales person  can say would sway me on way or the other.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I love when they say to purchase more than one and to keep one give another away.  Jane Tracy was presenting a Vince Camuto bag one was bigger than the other but the same bag one $258 the other $198 she said to get both and give one to your daughter that's what she would do.  I was like really?? 

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I love when they say to purchase more than one and to keep one give another away.  Jane Tracy was presenting a Vince Camuto bag one was bigger than the other but the same bag one $258 the other $198 she said to get both and give one to your daughter that's what she would do.  I was like really?? 

@Pecky  They can’t possibly believe what they’re saying...just babbling and filling time. Who would do this?

Esteemed Contributor

Then there is always the "this will change your life" tactic.  That always makes me cringe as if any piece of clothing  is going to change my life. 

I remember years ago Jane Treacy saying that when she gets home, her husband tells her "ok honey, enough of the TV talk".  Can you picture her speaking any other way - excited and a little over the top?  LOL

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!