Super Contributor

Re: "Quiet Please, There's a Lady on Stage" (song sung for Joan).

I also think (at least for me)when the next Joan collection comes on QVC it's really going to be strange her not being there making us laugh and her swearing on live tv which cracked me up
Honored Contributor

I read that Joan had asked Hugh Jackman to perform at her funeral several years ago. I think she made her wishes known to Melissa and others long ago. She was a planner.

Valued Contributor

On 9/10/2014 ical said:
On 9/10/2014 Margo Channing said:

Back "in the day" I lived in NYC and frequented discos. {I live a totally different life now} I knew Peter and was devastated when I read about his death. He would have LOVED the fact that his song was chosen. He##, he would have sung it himself!

Thanks so much for posting the song and for my trip down memory lane.

You are most welcome! It must have been amazing knowing him, lucky you! Smiley Happy

I read that Liza Minelli could not attend the funeral due to her dogs knocking her down.

Here's part of the article, if you're interested:

She told a US paper: "I couldn't go to Joan's funeral, I desperately wanted to because I loved her but I couldn't go because I can't walk. I'm in bed.

"Going in for surgery.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/liza-minelli-breaks-back-following-4184286#ixzz3CxHA6VbX

He was an amazingly sweet man. He came to our area for a concert and I was able to wrangle a backstage visit. He gave me a hug and a kiss and before I could introduce my husband he said "So who's the beach boy?" {the husband was red haired and very tanned.}

He couldn't have ben kinder. The world truly lost an amazing artist and man.

Super Contributor

On 9/11/2014 Margo Channing said:
On 9/10/2014 ical said:
On 9/10/2014 Margo Channing said:

Back "in the day" I lived in NYC and frequented discos. {I live a totally different life now} I knew Peter and was devastated when I read about his death. He would have LOVED the fact that his song was chosen. He##, he would have sung it himself!

Thanks so much for posting the song and for my trip down memory lane.

You are most welcome! It must have been amazing knowing him, lucky you! Smiley Happy

I read that Liza Minelli could not attend the funeral due to her dogs knocking her down.

Here's part of the article, if you're interested:

She told a US paper: "I couldn't go to Joan's funeral, I desperately wanted to because I loved her but I couldn't go because I can't walk. I'm in bed.

"Going in for surgery.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/liza-minelli-breaks-back-following-4184286#ixzz3CxHA6VbX

He was an amazingly sweet man. He came to our area for a concert and I was able to wrangle a backstage visit. He gave me a hug and a kiss and before I could introduce my husband he said "So who's the beach boy?" {the husband was red haired and very tanned.}

He couldn't have ben kinder. The world truly lost an amazing artist and man.

What a nice memory! How fun that must have been! Maybe he was hoping your beach boy wasn't your husband (wink wink, lol!)!!

Honored Contributor

That sure is a beautiful song...and so fitting. My nephew lives very close the the Temple where Joan's ceremony was and he walked down but could get no where near it. He said the amount of people that were outside on the street was unbelievable.

Respected Contributor

I listened to the Peter Allen version. Musically, not my cup of tea.
Super Contributor

Mine neither but Joan would have loved it. Melissa gave her a great memorial