Honored Contributor

"Modified" my D&Co Beach Pants

I had an issue with the D&Co beach pants.  After sitting for a while, when you stand up there are "knees" in the pants. So - you have these wide pants with knee bulges in front!   Ugh!

The other day one of the hosts (can't recall which host or what brand she was selling - hard to tell them apart sometimes) tied the ends together on pants that had side slits ... looked pretty good.

So - I got out my beach pants and tried it.  VOILA!  looks fab and now you don't notice the "knees."  I'm wearing the animal print beach pants (with black t-shirt and brown sandals) - look sort of like joggers - but a lot "puffier."  More my style. 

I had originally thought about sitting outside and reading . after I picked up my package .. but it's just too hot even in the shade w/a light breeze.  I came back in to the air conditioning.

Plan on "modifying" some more pants this afternoon.  Basically, just open the seams and tying the ends!

Honored Contributor

Re: "Modified" my D&Co Beach Pants

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA 

I’m not sure I understand what you are describing. Do you mean that the beach pants have slits on the side at the hemline? And that you are tying the sides of the slit together making the hemline gathered at the ankle? 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 

Yes ... that's it exactly.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@willdob3 

Yes ... that's it exactly.

@ALRATIBA 

I have only worn my beach pants in public once and that was enough for me to decide they belong mostly at home, maybe OK for a quick run to the grocery store but probably not. The knit fabric is very casual and light weight; it doesn’t hold its shape well. I prefer beach pants in traditional woven/non-stretch fabrics and even they are pretty limited as to where I’d wear them. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 

I've only worn them inside also ... mainly because of the baggy knees.  Our apartment complex is built around a park ... after I tied the ends togther, I wore them outside today to the park.  The way they look now - I'd probably wear them down to the diner, deli, etc.,  But that's about it.  

Respected Contributor

I  have 4 pair of the beach pants that were this year's TSV and 4 pair of last year's TVS.  I love them all - I have not had baggy knees on any of mine.  I wear them all the time.  I do like last year's that did not have a slit in the leg better.  No real fond of the split, but I really like the prints.  Wide leg pants (which I never used to like) have become my go to summer pants.  I also have 5 pair of Susan Graver wide leg pants - love them.

Esteemed Contributor

I call them "wide leg" pants.. I buy mine at macy's and love the materal and the overall look. I do not like the ones they sell at QVC. A big thumbs down for me.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I  have 4 pair of the beach pants that were this year's TSV and 4 pair of last year's TVS.  I love them all - I have not had baggy knees on any of mine.  I wear them all the time.  I do like last year's that did not have a slit in the leg better.  No real fond of the split, but I really like the prints.  Wide leg pants (which I never used to like) have become my go to summer pants.  I also have 5 pair of Susan Graver wide leg pants - love them.

@KathyM23  I could of written your post.  I also have four pairs and wear them all the time.  They are my go to for running errands, shopping, lunch with friends.  They are perfect for summer.  I have no issues with baggy knees either.  Everytime I wear the stripe ones I get so many compliments.