Honored Contributor

Do you think this works as advertised? 

Bless you black—and new cocoa—in the Lost Weight Jacquard Dress. You minimize our waist and hips. You make our arms look toned. You let the catchy print pop. And no shapewear needed—the hearty, ribbed knit doesn't cling, show a thing or wrinkle.

- Polyester/cotton/spandex knit
- 1/2 zipper lets you adjust the neckline
- Contoured/A-line fit
- Lengths: Misses 39"; Petite 36"; Plus 39-1/2"
- Imported
- Washable

Respected Contributor

I think prints, especially jacquard can be hard to wear. While color blocking of this type can visually make you look smaller, the print can make you look bigger or dumpy.  The black and white print in particular makes this woman look bigger on top. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of that look.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE this and it would work for me. A lot of the women in NY TV news positions wear these or dresses like them, and they're very flattering on them.

I think you have to have "egg timer" figures to benefit- not as voluptuous as "hour glass" figures but still smallish waisted and a little hippier than classically proportioned.

I've become something of a fan of spandex too.

I'm googling it.

Respected Contributor

The trouble with dresses with the black down the sides is that most people know the trick.  We know you are wearing it because it makes you look thinner.  And because we know the trick of the dress, we are not tricked into thinking you are thinner.  There is no mystery.  You might as well be wearing a sign that says, "Hey!  I look thin today but I am really not!"

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I LOVE this and it would work for me. A lot of the women in NY TV news positions wear these or dresses like them, and they're very flattering on them.

I'm googling it.

@violann

It's from Sahalie.com.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds too good to be true.

Honored Contributor

You're only kidding yourself

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

It had me until I got to "A line" in the description. Don't do that shape. I thought it was going to be from Athleta, so thanks for letting us know it is Sahalie. I've always been pleased with the quality of their clothes and wouldn't hesitate to order this if it was a straighter silhouette.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

The trouble with dresses with the black down the sides is that most people know the trick.  We know you are wearing it because it makes you look thinner.  And because we know the trick of the dress, we are not tricked into thinking you are thinner.  There is no mystery.  You might as well be wearing a sign that says, "Hey!  I look thin today but I am really not!"

ITA! Not fooling ANYONE.