Honored Contributor

"Leggings Are the New Denim"

The writer of this article feels that leggings are so ubiquitous, that they're often being worn inappropriately, and comfort has become more important than decorum. I wear leggings and yoga pants to the gym, but l still prefer jeans for everyday wear. How do you feel about this?

Heres a link to the article:

http://www.newsday.com/opinion/commentary/yoga-pants-are-comfy-they-re-also-an-assault-on-manners-an...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: "Leggings Are the New Denim"

WHAT THE HAY!  That statement keeps me up at night!  I don't look too bad (I'm covered up) when I wear denim but .... but a pair of leggins (to me they are tights) well, it is terrible...just terrible.  I have two knees that 'kiss' each other!  Add to that the fact that I'm 70 and these poor old legs have seen better days.

I am not a believer that anyone and everyone can wear anything!  Sometimes it become obscene.  According to what I've seen and read a top is supposed to come over the stomach area and fit over the hip area (preventing you know what in the front).  Evidentally, many women haven't read that.  

I recently saw 'leggings' being worn by a woman on a morning show.  She was close to my age (which doesn't really matter) but she should have looked in the mirror first because she had on a regular top and it was terrible looking.

Honored Contributor

Yes, some decorum please. Once upon a time, it was said, a woman's hemline told how good the country was going. Low was not good. No way to tell with leggins is there? I think if you look in a mirror and shudder, you have your answer.

Honored Contributor

Never! 

Trusted Contributor

I live in a state where recently a councilman was quoted by a newsperson as stating "not everyone who wears yoga pants should be" boy, did he take a beating! Think the world has developed a who cares attitude. What I wonder, does anyone look in the mirror before leaving their house?
Honored Contributor

I'm wearing leggings right now.........under palazzo pants.   It's winter in Phoenix............36° at 7:30 am MST

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I like both. There are good looks and bad looks with each.  For myself, I generally wear skinny jeans when I wear jeans, which is often.  They are just flattering on me.  I never wear leggings with a short top, except when I wear the workout kind at dance class or the gym(which are different from the kind I wear to work or out socializing, etc) And I check my appearance from all angles before I leave the house!  I am my harshest critic.

P.S.  For some reason it annoys me that people leave the "g" off of the word leggings. haha

Valued Contributor

i do not wear leggings I think they show every bad thing on your body. plus I do not wear strech pants only to work out.

Super Contributor

Leggings are just tacky

Honored Contributor

I am confused the writer of the article is inferring that yoga pants and leggings are the same thing and to most people they are not at all the same.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.