Regular Contributor

"It's everything" super,super ridiculously

The host and the guests are overusing these words in every segment. I think Isaac started the it's everything phrase and Susan Graver did the super super ridiculously soft and now that's every other sentence in her banter . Please QVC writers come up with some other phrases for these guests and hosts to use. We get tired of hearing the same thing over and over. It can't be everything all the time.

Honored Contributor

Re: "It's everything" super,super ridiculously

@Purseone wrote:

The host and the guests are overusing these words in every segment. I think Isaac started the it's everything phrase and Susan Graver did the super super ridiculously soft and now that's every other sentence in her banter . Please QVC writers come up with some other phrases for these guests and hosts to use. We get tired of hearing the same thing over and over. It can't be everything all the time.

Hosts and vendors are no different than the rest of us who post on the forum .... same thing over and over.

Trusted Contributor

For those of us long time Q customers we can recite every word to be spoken from certain designers.  ;-).   It can be irritating if I actually listen to the shows.  If the TV is on I glance when a new item looks interesting, if not I go on.  What matters to me is getting the information on the item so that I can make a purchase.  Clothing I need colors, fabric content, show front and back details and does it run true to size.  I would like to see clothes on the models so that I can see how they fit on different bodies.  If a top is covered by a jacket, etc I can not see the fit.  Jackets that do not get buttoned on air can appear to be running small.   Pants that are covered by a long top do not show the fit of the rise.   After we get our needed information the designer can style all they want or chit chat.   In days past i could count on true sizing and good quality but that went out the window a few years ago.   Yes.  I know I can shop any place I want and I do.  I like to buy from designers whose items are my style and I enjoy listening to them tell us the how, what and why of their thinking process.  As a plus lady I find it hard to find XL sizes that I find attractive for my tastes.  The Q still gives me Issac, Louis and I am trying a couple of the new vendors.  I hope that QVC can find a solution to their level problems of inconsistent sizing and quality.  In fairness these problems seem to be had by other companies as well.   I carry a 3 ft retractable tape with me when shopping.  At least I can measure length before I make my purchases.  "The faster I go the behinder I get.".   In our world today every manufacturer is pushing volumn to satisfy a growing public but sometimes quality gets left behind and many on both sides are hurt.   Recalls galore???

Valued Contributor

I just wish the hosts themselves would be on without the vendors.  I think the hosts do better by themselves.  I just wish they would describe the product and move on.  I have already watched when they don't even say the item number or the price. Some of the hosts are so relaxing to watch and others could talk the legs off of a table.  I just turn the channel.

Respected Contributor

I have a rule I live by with QVC.  If I make the mistake of turning on an SG show, I change the channel as soon as she repeats PERFECT, ADORABLE, SUPER SUPER SOFT, etc. three times.  (I only count the first of the two super supers.)  It's rare when I get past one item. A great money saving measure, which works well with other vendors as well.

Honored Contributor

Some of these words and phrases could be used as a drinking game, except we would all be passed out, or too drunk to order. LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

The repetitivenous of the sales pitches has become quite tiresome.  It has become so predictable what certain vendors will say, over and over and over.  I personally find Lori (LOGO) and Issac among the worst so very rarely ever watch their shows.

I also noticed something in the Dell TSV presentation at midnight that I am noticing more and more in many presentations.  The Dell rep came out and began to detail the major selling features of the Dell TSV focusing her major emphasis to start on the 8 RAM.  Well, not more than maybe 2 or 3 minutes later, at most, Jane jumped in and after reading some quick blurb about RAM then proceeds to ask the Dell rep to please explain all about the benefits of having 8 RAM - in other words, repeat what she had just said as if she hadn't said a word about it.  It was like Jane heard not one word of what the rep had just been explaining at length.  I am seeing this occur with quite a few hosts these days and it just makes them look completely oblivious to what is being said when they are not doing the talking!

Just seems more apparent lately to see this and is certainly not complimentary to any host.

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree. I wish she wasen't allowed to be on with her fashions. She NEVER SHUTS UP. The poor hosts can barely get a word in. I just hit MUTE on my tv and if I don't like what I see I change the channel. SHE's got to go, or be muzzeled!!!

Respected Contributor

@BAMMA wrote:

I totally agree. I wish she wasen't allowed to be on with her fashions. She NEVER SHUTS UP. The poor hosts can barely get a word in. I just hit MUTE on my tv and if I don't like what I see I change the channel. SHE's got to go, or be muzzeled!!!

Not going to happen.  Pretty sure they own her line, and they're not going to do anything thatmight interfere with SG sales.  We can only wish. I wish they could envision what they might be selling if they would do something to quiet the  flapping tongue. There are those who think she's cute, and as long

as they exist, SG will continue to yap.

Contributor

LITERALLY!!!!!