Honored Contributor

"How To Hide Your Tummy" 18 Tips The Style Insider

[ Edited ]

The Style Insider, Leoni, is a very popular blogger and always has great ideas.

What do you think is her best tip?Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxuHeag2Ks

Contributor

Re: "How To Hide Your Tummy" 18 Tips The Style Insider

I just finished watching the 18 Tips. Enjoyable, as she is quite good at explaining the two different styles. As she says she is 5ft. 4in. and 114-115 pounds she is very, very slim. Back when I was the same height and 118 and was told I looked skinny, and eat something! HA!!!

I find clothing very hard to fit these days. I choose to accessorize at this age and use scarves and solids colors. 

Seems the older I get the harder to find nice styled clothing.

Girls wear what you feel best in and most comfortable. It does look like we are trying too hard wearing clothing that looks like it does belong on a very young person. 

The worse senerio is a Mother & Daughter duo which I told my own Daughter to tell me if I look like something I don't want to look like.

Again, enjoy my solids and smooth looking clothes not tight as was on the video.

Enjoy!!

Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing this video!

Honored Contributor

It's really a shame none of the models shown had "tummies". Sort of makes this not believeable. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

She lost me with the half tuck. The zipper on the jeans is very askew. I really think most women know what the best look for themselves. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

She lost me with the half tuck. The zipper on the jeans is very askew. I really think most women know what the best look for themselves. 

Agree.  The half-tuck only draws attention to my thick waist and round belly.  

She also then said it covers bigger hips and butt, the same old same old issue for "most women," evidently, but not for me as an apple.

Edit:  hey, maybe I could half-tuck in back and leave the front hanging out!  LOL. New trend!

Still, nice to see someone attempt to address the tummy issue.   Thanks for sharing this video!

Respected Contributor

Excellent video, thanks for posting @ECBG . The tip 

that I found new and very helpful is re sleeve length.

I stopped buying those 3/4 sleeves last year. I didn't 

realize elbow length sleeves can also be a problem.

Good to know.

Honored Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Agree.  The half-tuck only draws attention to my thick waist and round belly.  

She also then said it covers bigger hips and butt, the same old same old issue for "most women," evidently, but not for me as an apple.

Edit:  hey, maybe I could half-tuck in back and leave the front hanging out!  LOL. New trend!

Still, nice to see someone attempt to address the tummy issue.   Thanks for sharing this video!

@mnmom @I am still oxox You're welcome ladies.

You can move the half/side tuck around to the side.  The goal is to get out some of the volume since loose fabric tends to "tent".Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

God, I hate that ! I want to see the hem on a garment not your gut and snaps and zipper on your gut.

think I  know who started that ****.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the video, @ECBG 

As @ID2 said: "It's really a shame none of the models shown had "tummies". Sort of makes this not believeable."