Super Contributor

Just this year alone, I have received 4 items with holes in them. They have been from different brands, so it's not just one line that doesn't do quality control. All have been poor sewing jobs along seams and not actual holes through the garment.

-Carole Hochman

-Isaac Mizrahi

-G.I.L.I.

-Belle by Kim Gravel

2 items I have returned, 2 I have just fixed myself.

What is going on? Is it just me or have any of you have issues with this? It's not like I'm paying $20 for this stuff, either. They are not cheap...

Honored Contributor

@MM13   that's beyond disappointing.

Most likely the only reason I haven't encountered the problem is that I made my last online clothing purchase anywhere from QVC a year ago February.  

I always have purchased the majority of my wardrobe locally, but now I am even stronger in my belief I will do that as long as I can - although for the rest of 2021 I am going to try to buy no more new.  My contribution to me bank account and to the environment, the latter another story for another thread

Honored Contributor

@MM13 

Wow! I'm so sorry this happened to you. That's crazy and unacceptable.

I've also noticed crooked stitching, pulls on sweater knits, and sloppy hems, but never an actual hole that I can remember. 

Another reason I prefer to buy in person so I can examine the garment closely, but I haven't bought clothing in person in over a year due to the pandemic. 

Super Contributor

@millieshopsI aspire to have that kind of self control! Heart

@wilma  Your dog is so cute!

Honored Contributor

@MM13 wrote:

@MM13 

Thanks. That's my dog, Wilma, who passed away in 2016. Still have photos of her around the house & on my iPhone & iPad. 

Honored Contributor

@MM13 wrote:

Just this year alone, I have received 4 items with holes in them.  All have been poor sewing jobs along seams and not actual holes through the garment.

What is going on? Is it just me or have any of you have issues with this? 

@MM13 

No, it's not only you.  

Could you tell us the country they were made?

Super Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@MM13 wrote:

@MM13 

Thanks. That's my dog, Wilma, who passed away in 2016. Still have photos of her around the house & on my iPhone & iPad. 

Aww, I'm so sorry. I lost mine last year and am still heartbroken. They will never leave us! Heart

Super Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@MM13 wrote:

Just this year alone, I have received 4 items with holes in them.  All have been poor sewing jobs along seams and not actual holes through the garment.

What is going on? Is it just me or have any of you have issues with this? 

@MM13 

No, it's not only you.  

Could you tell us the country they were made?

Let me check...

Super Contributor

@Foxxee  2 made in China, 1 made in Vietnam, and 1 unknown as I returned it a while back. (I had another color in another item I sent back.)

Honored Contributor

@MM13 wrote:

@Foxxee  2 made in China, 1 made in Vietnam, and 1 unknown as I returned it a while back. (I had another color in another item I sent back.)

@MM13 

Thanks.  I expected all to be made in China, so I'll have to keep an eye on Vietnam.