Honored Contributor

I too took a chance when the Q did the all sales final clearance last year. The prices were great!

I wouldn't do it with shoes

Honored Contributor

@sueeich   Absolutely not.  If retailers do this "final sale, no return" they will lose a lot of business and it will hurt the bottom line.  You are right, sizes are so inconsistent even among the same brand.  I worked hard for my money and now I am retired and I don't plan on giving it away.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have ordered several items in the last few months that were final sale.  They had been marked down several times.  Last week I ordered two pair of shoes that were on final sale - it is a brand I often buy that fits me.  The retailers have been closed and are trying to get rid of their summer stock.  They don't want returns.

Honored Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

I have been noticing a new trend lately and it's really bothering me.  I've noticed more and more retailers posting "final sale" on sale items of clothing.  There's been several things I've wanted to order on sale, but there is no way I'm purchasing an article of clothing if I can't return it.  Sizing is so incredibly inconsistent these days.  Would you order an item of clothing if you knew you couldn't return it even if it didn't fit?

no

unless it was a duplicate of something I had previously bought,