Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

Not really diggin' it. To my eye it looks more Kohl's than WHBM.

OUCH!

Cat Sad

@QueenDanceALot

I mean no disrespect. I think we can agree that there is a price point difference between BHWM and Kohl's. I also think the faded jeans that can't decide if they are floods or ankle pants aren't the best look. Admittedly I have an adverse emotional reaction to gray or black jeans that harkens back to a difficult time in my life. I shouldn't be judgmental like this, but I can't help it.

I did look at this blazer on WHBM site and think it looks much richer paired with a different color (again, my hang-up) and not a short over long silhouette that currently seems to not be so popular.

570244981_2213.jpg

@magicmoodz

Sure, there's a price point difference, and I'm not saying this is the most expensive look, and the length of the skinny jeans should be a bit longer, but I still like the overall look.  On second look, I also think the shoes look kinda cheap, but again, just commenting on the overall look.  

And since I'm a fan of gray jeans and think that gray pairs beautifully with the jacket color, I'd wear it for sure.  I also love black skinny jeans and have several pair as they are a go to for me.

I like the jacket better with gray than I do with the white jeans, but it's just a personal preference!

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@San Antonio Gal

I can see a contrast with these, maybe swapping out the tank for a different color and bringing in sparkle with the jewelry.

Ooo, I love the second pair, so pretty!!

Esteemed Contributor

I like it!!!  Purple jacket makes it.

(I wouldn't wear high-heel pumps with jeans... for myself, I'd go with a lower heeled shootie.  Just me)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot

They come in a heel version too.

eiec

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

They come in a heel version too.

eiec

@lolakimono

I love these, too!  Where are these from?

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot

J. Crew

BTW, did you see my Converse shout out to you on the "I see this for..." thread?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

J. Crew

BTW, did you see my Converse shout out to you on the "I see this for..." thread?

@lolakimono

Thanks!!

No, I didn't see it - I will go look now!!!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

YES, I did see those festive Chucks!

I thought I had responded but I guess I didn't.

Cute!

P.S.  You should be a personal shopper  Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with the jeans, in length or look. The gray is picking up on the buttons on the jacket and all of the silver in the rest of the outfit. I never understand the "flood pants" comments, as lengths are all over the place these days. Truth be told, I like the look of a little break between my jeans and ankle boots, for example, whether with slightly shorter jeans or by rolling. The second WHBM look shown (with the cream trousers and higher neck blouse) looks more formal and a little "stuffy" for my taste, while the first look says "fun night out getting drinks with the girls" to me.

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@San Antonio Gal

I can see a contrast with these, maybe swapping out the tank for a different color and bringing in sparkle with the jewelry.

NAY to both of these shoes.