Honored Contributor

Oh brother.  Why do they have to call it anything?  Why not just have Ladies Clothing and every size is there? 

Are they saying that a size 2 isn't fabulously sized?  It's ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

It's just marketing.  Some boob -- probably a man -- decided this would make plus sized women buy more clothes.  That's it. No higher-up thinks anyone is fabulous, they just want to sell clothes.

Honored Contributor

This was a big topic of discussion today on The Talk,  Sharon Osbourne said why call it anything, just have the clothes hanging on the rack, and let the women find their size. They all agreed.

Respected Contributor

I don't care one way or another.  It's just a name put to a label.  Either way, someone will find a way to be offended.  It's a no-win.  I pay no attention.

Trusted Contributor

Great.   Now this in addition to the incorrectly used "CURVY" shape and "ATHLETIC" calves.      Laughable. 

Honored Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

Great.   Now this in addition to the incorrectly used "CURVY" shape and "ATHLETIC" calves.      Laughable. 

@SarahW, m mind immediately went to how plus-sized women are now referred to as curvy, as well.

Honored Contributor

The only reason I can think of to separate departments is the almighty dollar.  Some stores price clothing higher for "plus", so I guess it could be confusing when looking at the signs for prices if everything is mixed in together.  

Respected Contributor

ut oh

fabulous.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Well, the clothes look pretty. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

The only reason I can think of to separate departments is the almighty dollar.  Some stores price clothing higher for "plus", so I guess it could be confusing when looking at the signs for prices if everything is mixed in together.  

What used to royally tick me off was having to go to a different floor all together to even find the larger sizes or the department was tucked in a back corner next to maternity clothes.