Respected Contributor

Re: "Every Jacket That They Make, I Buy..." - Really Shawn???

I think if a person is buying a product they need to be smart enough to base their decision on the product itself and not the person selling it. Be an adult take responsibility for your choices. Be a savvy shopper.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

She said a few months ago she wasn't a ""jacket"" girl on an IM show. I'm confused. Is she saying she buys jackets or purses? She definitely stated on an IM show that she wasn't really a jacket girl (while she was presenting an OTO jacket--but she said she loved THAT jacket).

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

She's also said that she's not a "big honking" bag girl and loved the mini. A host would do well to present the product on its merits instead of thinking b/c she bought it, everybody else will do the same! She hates foundation, also. It goes on and on. Not good for selling.

Esteemed Contributor

It's sales talk. Nothing more. Everyone who sells exaggerates. It's part of the job, and totally expected.

If we complained every time it happened, we'd have no time for anything else!

Things like that go right over my head. She's supposed to say whatever it takes to make a sale. They're all supposed to do that, so that's what they do.

Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2015 NYC Susan said:

It's sales talk. Nothing more. Everyone who sells exaggerates. It's part of the job, and totally expected.

Things like that go right over my head. She's supposed to say whatever it takes to make a sale. They're all supposed to do that, so that's what they do.

I sell. I do not exaggerate. If I exaggerated, I'd be fired.

Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2015 taja123 said:

She's also said that she's not a "big honking" bag girl and loved the mini. A host would do well to present the product on its merits instead of thinking b/c she bought it, everybody else will do the same! She hates foundation, also. It goes on and on. Not good for selling.

Wink

Respected Contributor

On 4/5/2015 winamac1 said:

That's because you sell pharmaceuticals. Big difference. BIG!

Respected Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Karnerblue said:

I think if a person is buying a product they need to be smart enough to base their decision on the product itself and not the person selling it. Be an adult take responsibility for your choices. Be a savvy shopper. Smile

If it were only that easy! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} They almost never actually discuss the product anymore. The "fluff" has got to be some indecipherable code for descriptive properties of the items.? Heck, there are times when they can't even get through all the colors. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Melania2 said:
On 4/5/2015 winamac1 said:

That's because you sell pharmaceuticals. Big difference. BIG!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

I just watched the presentation for Joan Rivers sweater in which David D. and host go on and on about the amazing crochet work. Then all the posters who crochet who raved about the crochet work in their reviews. I'm sorry, it looks like machined knitting to me. Hard to see from a distance, but they did do a short close up about the trim. NOT crochet. A231118. Not positive because I can't get a real good static close up. Anyone else agree? I've seen other items called crochet that are knit. Not that it matters that much if you like it, and I think it's very pretty. But there's that "truth" thing. I crochet and knit, and never saw a crochet that looked like a knit or purl stitch.