Honored Contributor

not a fan of the destroyed look at all. even my daughters in their 20s dont sport this look.

i DO like bell bottoms, flares, and palazzo pants though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I was shopping this morning at one of our local womens clothing stores in town. The salesgirl and I were talking about the distressed look in jeans coming back. She said that they will be getting some in but was unsure if they'd sell. We both agreed that they probably wouldn't only because they came in and out quite quickly last time they were "in". Woman Very Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

When I was the age of the lovely young model, I would have died before I wore jeans with holes them.

Now?  I'd rather die than wear jeans with huge holes in them.

Life is a cycle

Esteemed Contributor

@makena

Forever21 -- the online store.

I have purchased from them in the past -- a lovely duster cardigan -- but I do not shop there often.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@makena

Forever21 -- the online store.

I have purchased from them in the past -- a lovely duster cardigan -- but I do not shop there often.

WOW.  Seriously?  I am totally shocked.  I thought it was a designer piece.  I have been looking for something like it but all that I find are over the top with the embroidery design.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@makena

Hope you find it.  I was just looking at jeans, so I'm not sure the jacket is even there. 

Let me know!

Respected Contributor

The "Destroyed" or distressed jeans are very bad for the enviornment. The sandblasting process that gives the jeans the distressed look is linked to lung disease in factory workers. And the toxic dyes and acid bath that used to create the distressed look are polluting the rivers.  Please don't buy distressed jeans!!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman They have it and a ton of others.  My father had an old one from Japan that his brother got oveseas in WWII.  It's long gone but I've always wanted one and the bomber look is in style this year.  Thank you again.  We have a Forever 21 store in our mall.  I may go check it out tomorrow if we don't get the major snowstorm they are predicting.

Honored Contributor

Somebody is paying for fabric and not getting her money's worth. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@makena

Wonderful!

It is a cute jacket.  I'll have to take another look.

At 66, I don't find much there that I would feel comfortable wearing, but one day, Amy was wearing a top and someone said it was from Forever 21. 

I shuffled around, bought the top and found another longer duster cardigan I liked.  They were very inexpensive.

Glad you found something you love!