Esteemed Contributor

"Destroyed" jeans

[ Edited ]

I know this has been discussed before, but hasn't this trend gone overboard?

Of course, these are extreme (from Forever 21), but it made me laugh.  Maybe I'll just take a chain saw to some of my old jeans.

Of course, at that age, I used to cut the necks and armholes out of sweatshirts to be "fashionable" so what do I knowWoman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Ridiculous.  They don't even look good on the young model.

Regular Contributor

I never did get this look, but I was never trendy like that.

Honored Contributor

I'll take them over bell bottoms, culottes and palazzo pants. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Pretty pathetic to consider this "look" a part of style and fashion.  There's not enough fabric left to cut up for rags.  Guess I'm not a fan🙅

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Destroyed" jeans

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom

Well, you got me there.  Not anxious for those styles to returnWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman

"Overboard" is the key word in your post!  I don't mind seeing a horizontal slash or two, but the examples you posted are waaaay overboard.  I have one pair of DG2 distressed (not destoyed) white jeans...they have white patches under the slashes/holes, so it's not too noticable..iow, it's fun, not overboard.

I like a little more room in the waist/hip area and was thrilled when this style came out, but most designers ruined the look with an overboard amount of material...voluminous, rather than an easy, swingy silhouette.

I like a slight dip in the back hem...a slight dip, not a five inch overboard difference from the front hem!

Some, if not most, designers go overboard with trends, IMHO!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

I don't mind distressed jeans - but destroyed is a little much. In college we used to tie dye and cut our old jeans. The good old days...

Respected Contributor

Re: "Destroyed" jeans

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

I'll take them over bell bottoms, culottes and palazzo pants. 

@jaxs mom@Witchy Woman ~ not that I'm a fan of bell bottoms, and especially culottes and palazzo pants, that being said, these styles have been present through the years. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman the jeans are ridiculous.  Too extreme.  I love that jacket though.  Where are the pictures from?