Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Destroyed" jeans look. Anyone in?

P.S.  I don't know who that is in th OP picture (Sophia somebodyoranother?), but I have to say I don't like anything about her outfit (except the sunglasses).

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I don't have a problem with the look but I won't buy them, I can distress my own jeans thank you very much. I do however have a problem with the whiskering and the fading on the thighs when it's done for you. It's so obvious! I do like a lot of the jeans that are pre distressed and I wish they would give us the choice
Honored Contributor

No. Never.

Honored Contributor

I think the designers who thought of this are laughing all the way to the bank.

Absolutely not; I would never pay good money for a pair of ruined (my word) jeans.  The only thing they'd be fit for is working in the garden.  In fact, I have a pair for exactly that purpose, but I "distressed" them myself.  (Wore them till they wore out!)

Trusted Contributor

I don't wear them because I am too old for them but my daughters and granddaughters wear them!  They are kind of cute worn with the right top or t-shirt!!  They tell me that if you buy the kind that have the rips on the knee the holes just start to rip more as you sit or bend your knee!!   I have seen some that are just kind of distressed or look scraped on the outside and  have a patch on the inside so they can't rip anymore!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is the best looking destroyed jean.  I purchased it for that reason.  Citizens of Humanity Rocket (high rise) in Indie.  I can wear expensive jeans to work (which I do) but not this one. And yes, it was expensive.

Honored Contributor

Shop Jeans

Honored Contributor

I don't think the skinny jeans as much as the look of the boyfriend jeans.  I like the proportions when used with a heel.

Honored Contributor

In and in

in fact have to stop my self from buying more

Trusted Contributor

I like the look in boyfriend jeans, on skinnies--not so much. I haven't bought any already-destroyed jeans, though. I sort of feel guilty for not doing the destruction the old-fashioned way of my hippie days, when we destroyed our own jeans by wearing them!