Trusted Contributor

Re: "Destroyed" jeans look. Anyone in?

Not a fan...

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I was the third daughter in a poor family, so growing up I wore plenty of destroyed clothes.  That was more than enough for my whole lifetime.  Fashion be d*mned -  it's never going to be a look I'll pay some designer to create.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope.  I like to keep up with fashion, but when it comes to wrecked jeans I just can't go there.  I'm leaving that for the teens and twenty-somethings.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Whether you like the look or not; please stopped saying "destroyed'.  The correct word is "distressed".   Destroyed sounds like something some 90 year old grandmother who just woke up from 10 year coma would say if she saw them....lol

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Whether you like the look or not; please stopped saying "destroyed'.  The correct word is "distressed".   Destroyed sounds like something some 90 year old grandmother who just woke up from 10 year coma would say if she saw them....lol

actually, "destroyed" is also used......

hollister destroyed boyfriend jeans

http://images.asos-media.com/inv/media/1/5/2/0/6700251/lightblue/image1xxl.jpg

dr denim regina mid rise skinny destroyed jeans

http://images.asos-media.com/inv/media/9/2/3/7/6617329/black/image1xxl.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

My niece looks GREAT in them -- so I like the look when done well.  But I don't see it for myself.  I am not typically someone who sees style as an age issue but this particular look is not one I have gravitated to.  Though I do find myself wearing my jeans that are naturally more worn these days.  

Honored Contributor

my daughters, 23 and 20, do not embrace the look.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have 2 pair left over from a couple of years ago. Everytime I think about wearing them it just doesn't seem to work out. I've always agreed this was mostly a teenage look. Mine are more distressed made to look destroyed. No skin showing. But with all that, I actually thought the look had run it's course. I don't see it much.
Esteemed Contributor

Not on me, but I like a little bit of the distressed look on others.  I have an old pair that I wear for house/yard work that has a tiny rip in them, like the right leg on the Hollisters jeans (which I like...on others lol), but I would call mine just a little...worried hahaha.

http://images.asos-media.com/inv/media/1/5/2/0/6700251/lightblue/image1xxl.jpg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

i have a few pair, including white and really like them.