Esteemed Contributor

"Destroyed" jeans look. Anyone in?

798.png

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Destroyed" jeans look. Anyone in?

I see this looks in stores from Gap, Zara, H&M to really high-end designer brands, but have yet to buy into this look.

What do you think?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

noooooooooooooo  I have never liked  them on anyone at any time!

(  and now I'm too old to wear them anyway)   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have jeans that look just like that!  Distressed (not destroyed...lol) boyfriend jeans.  I have them in a dark wash like these and a lighter wash.  I bought mine at Old Navy 3 years ago and because they are real denim with no stretch, I'll own them for years.  At 56, I like the distressed look but I am careful not to take it too far.  Mine don't have any actual rips in them.  I wear them with white tees and wedge sandals or with a white button down shirt, tucked in and a belt.  I have a wardrobe of cool belts.  Now, I'm thinking that a black tee shirt might work too,

Honored Contributor

nope, not for me......give me a clean dark wash in black or indigo and that is the best look!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't mind them, but they are impractical for me.  I don't need anymore clothes that I can't wear to work.

Respected Contributor

Count me out! LOL.  I wear dark bootcut jeans. I do not like the rolled-up jeans with heels either. I am short so it is not something that looks good on me.

Honored Contributor

I hate them.  I always feel like they are almost mocking the underprivileged who have no choice but to wear jeans that look like that.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

798.png

I'd say they are working for Sophia......or should I say she is "working them." Smiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I don't like my jeans to have the worn look/faded look on them or the lines that go across where your legs bend at the hips. I know it's trendy, but to me it just looks like they've been worn too many times without being washed lol. Give me a good old fashioned pair of naturally worn out and washed Levis instead.