Honored Contributor

Re: "Destroyed" jeans look. Anyone in?

@FLgardener wrote:

I like the look in boyfriend jeans, on skinnies--not so much. I haven't bought any already-destroyed jeans, though. I sort of feel guilty for not doing the destruction the old-fashioned way of my hippie days, when we destroyed our own jeans by wearing them!

@FLgardenerI had some I wore all five years and they were never that bad!  (Or artistic.).  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I would NEVER go around looking like I just got off the combine harvester

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@DesertdiAgree.  I do like Leah's though.  Have you seen those?  They don't have holes.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@DesertdiAgree.  I do like Leah's though.  Have you seen those?  They don't have holes.

@ECBG.............Yeah..........Leah is tall and has that "statuesque" figure.    She can carry off ANY style!     I'm "extra" short.........and I'd just look like I was wearing my older brother's hand-me-downs.......................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@ECBG.............Yeah..........Leah is tall and has that "statuesque" figure.    She can carry off ANY style!     I'm "extra" short.........and I'd just look like I was wearing my older brother's hand-me-downs.......................

@DesertdiOh! Sweetie!  No, no, no!  I bet I could style you!  After teaching I was the top stylist at Dillards.  I raised my department's sales 54% and recieved $2000 in clothes!  If you like the look, just tell me what you're working with and I'll be more than happy to help you!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@DesertdiOh! Sweetie!  No, no, no!  I bet I could style you!  After teaching I was the top stylist at Dillards.  I raised my department's sales 54% and recieved $2000 in clothes!  If you like the look, just tell me what you're working with and I'll be more than happy to help you!Smiley Happy

@ECBG     I shop Dillards at Paradise Valley Mall...........there is a sales person there in the "petites" who is great at finding me the "right" pants!!  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@ECBG     I shop Dillards at Paradise Valley Mall...........there is a sales person there in the "petites" who is great at finding me the "right" pants!!  di

@DesertdiWith all the jackets, big shirts, wearing regular shirts as a jacket. you can make anything work girl! Get them and take them in, and let her style you!  Check out Nordstrom's True Religion.  You can always have them taken up.

Honored Contributor

Because I love the rip on my right knee so much, I wanted to keep it that way.  Not to get any wider or bigger.  I purchased some pads and ironed them on (jean inside out) on each side. That keeps the rip from getting bigger.  The knee on my left has a more "busted" look. So I left it alone.   I also ripped an old jean with a seam ripper. But it doesn't look as good.  Most of my jeans are "clean"  I only have one destroyed one. Still have not washed it yet.  I fold it in a plastic bag and stick it in the freezer to freshen the jean.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Because I love the rip on my right knee so much, I wanted to keep it that way.  Not to get any wider or bigger.  I purchased some pads and ironed them on (jean inside out) on each side. That keeps the rip from getting bigger.  The knee on my left has a more "busted" look. So I left it alone.   I also ripped an old jean with a seam ripper. But it doesn't look as good.  Most of my jeans are "clean"  I only have one destroyed one. Still have not washed it yet.  I fold it in a plastic bag and stick it in the freezer to freshen the jean.

@songbirdYou could get some Woolite Dark Wash (regular Woolite has a little non clorine whitening), and just hand squish in the kitchen sink.  The rips won't crawl.

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

798.png

Too contrived and pretentious, IMO.