Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Very interesting read!

I follow Carole Jackson because my eye sees colors like thosse before me who were artists.  There's no denying that when someone has a sallow skin tone, if you put them in yellow it's very bad.

Because there are more clothing choices (and ways to shop than in the past) I go by Carole Jackson's color system, then personality.  

I'm very outgoing and object to having myself look green. (I follow Carole Jackson and then find my styles).

@ECBG...I can't thank you enough for your invaluable advice a few weeks back about choosing a Season. I was able to streamline my wardrobe and even was able to change my haircolor to a more ashy blonde, not so golden. My hairdresser calls it Moonlight Blonde. LOL

I have been having fun with the colors in my pallette. For years I really thought it was just a gimmick but once it came together with the right makeup and clothing, it makes quite a bit of sense. I also think it will save money because of less experimenting with makeup.

Thanks again and it was very thoughtful of you to have posted all the information that you did...

@Trinity11 I'm with you and @ECBG when it comes to the color theory.  It makes more sense to me than dressing according to one's "energy."   

Honored Contributor

Re: "DRESSING YOUR TRUTH"

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Very interesting read!

I follow Carole Jackson because my eye sees colors like thosse before me who were artists.  There's no denying that when someone has a sallow skin tone, if you put them in yellow it's very bad.

Because there are more clothing choices (and ways to shop than in the past) I go by Carole Jackson's color system, then personality.  

I'm very outgoing and object to having myself look green. (I follow Carole Jackson and then find my styles).

@ECBG...I can't thank you enough for your invaluable advice a few weeks back about choosing a Season. I was able to streamline my wardrobe and even was able to change my haircolor to a more ashy blonde, not so golden. My hairdresser calls it Moonlight Blonde. LOL

I have been having fun with the colors in my pallette. For years I really thought it was just a gimmick but once it came together with the right makeup and clothing, it makes quite a bit of sense. I also think it will save money because of less experimenting with makeup.

Thanks again and it was very thoughtful of you to have posted all the information that you did...

@Trinity11 I'm with you and @ECBG when it comes to the color theory.  It makes more sense to me than dressing according to one's "energy."   

@wildcat fan Thanks.  Carole Jackson is all about color.

Dressing to "one's energy" which is Carole Tuttle's theory, is really about style than color, for example, a more interverted personality wouldn't be comfortable with the way I put outfits together.  Their style wouldn't have detail as much as mine.  They would prefer simple jackets, tops, bottoms, shoes, and accessories.

An introvert wouldn't wear my bright red, nor would they be likely to have my red couch.

Honored Contributor

Re: "DRESSING YOUR TRUTH"

[ Edited ]

I think the woman looks beautiful in the first shot. 

If that's her natural greying hair--I want it!  I prefer longer lengths which can be swept up in a messy style, or have soft (beach) waves.  Not a fan of the shorter (must sleep on one side) *hairdo* she's sporting while wearing red.

Just take that oversized Sears ladies blazer off her.  As far as the blah print--if you insist on using it (and it can be used) why not in a form fitting wrap dress? 

And if you allow her to wear makeup (which is perfected in the after shot) glam her eyes up with some purples or greens or BOTH.

I rarely see a makeover that I agree with.  I do like when haircolor is used and damaged or unruly hair is cut off.  And a face done with makeup as opposed to no makeup. 

But the clothing choices are usually way off the mark.  IMO.  They dress people to be *in style* or use the pantatone color and yet the person doesn't have the correct body type for the clothes picked out.

Don't get me wrong, the woman in the first post looks really nice in both the before and after.  But, just like a makeup demo on QVC, the before pic has bad lighting, no smiles allowed, etc. etc.....

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Thank you for bringing us this approach.  It's most interesting.

Energy is hardly "new age," as it's part and parcel of everything everywhere.  Even color has energy. Emotions are energy, thoughts are energy; it's inescapable.  

Her videos could use a bit of structure, however, and some graphics to let us know when she's shifting from one type to the next.  For folks like me who tend to scroll through to the parts I am more interested in, it would make for a more pleasant experience.  That being said, I may read one or more of her books.

I expect I'm mostly type 4 (also was charted as a "winter" in the Color Me Beautiful days).  I believe, however, and I think she even says so but I may have skipped over it too fast to remember exactly, that all of us have overlap, some more than others.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I think you're right, @GingerPeach -- in this system, I'd also guessed that type 4 corresponds (roughly) to Winter;  type 1 to Spring; type 2 to Summer, and type 3 to Autumn (all with variations of course) ...

Honored Contributor

I became interested in DYT when I read about her different energy

profilings. I know the ‘colors’ from way back in the 80s but

it’s so much more than color profiling. 

Honored Contributor

Very interesting, thank you.